Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pelvic pressure :(

Right ladies am nearly at the end...Am nearly 39 weeks, my baby is breech and am experiencing awful pelvic pressure which is stopping me from walking...is this because the baby is breech adding more pressure...i no people get pressure when the babys head down but i didnt think it would with a breech baby :cry:

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sparkle,

Breech babies still engage so you would still feel pressure in your pelvic area. They just engage their bottom rather than the head. Is your baby true breech i.e. legs up?

Oliver was an undiagnosed breech so I was in full labour when they realised. The contraction pains were concentrated in my hip which I think was Oliver baring down. A bottom is a different shape to a head and therefore the pressure can be different.

HTH

SB x
  • Options
    I get this, my baby swings from head down to breech, and yes she's still doing 180 degree turns at this late stage! When she turns it really makes me feel sick, the pain is worse when she's head down. Its like being kicked by a horse, sometimes when I walk I just have to stop.

I'm 38+4, I think its positioning hun, I sympathise! And yes, little breech babies engage their bums lol xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for the replys ladies, i went to hospital today to check his position and why i was getting pelvic pressure, the midwife said that i am bound to get pelvic pressure as the feet and bum are resting on my pelvis.... and yes he is definatley still breech. I kind of knew due to the big hard lumb just under my ribs so its all go ahead for the c section Tuesday..wish me luck image
  • Options
    The very best of luck with your section hun, look forward to seeing another BA xxx
  • Options
    Thank you image