Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cord

Hi have you kept it?

Alfies fell off and ive wrapped it up, my mum kept ours but my hubby says he thinks i shouldnt keep it.

Replies

• Options
    I haven't kept of other children's so don't think i will when Oliver's comes off but i do know people that do.x
  • Options
    g/c but I didn't keep DD's, never even thought about it! Have kept the bracelet thingy from hospital (both hers and mine), cards, newspapers from the day etc. but would never have thought to keep the cord.
  • Options
    We kept our son's for ages after it fell off, wrapped in cling film then realised it was pretty gross and we were never going to do anything with it so we binned it and that's where Flo's went straigh after it fell off!

Personal choice I guess. I just thought that if my mum had shown me mine 10/15 years after I was born, I wouldn't have been interested.

xxx
  • Options
    We didn't keep Abby's but we kept the clamp that they put on it, I did with Megan too x
  • Options
    it is pretty gross but its family tradition, im just going to hide it from hubby i think lol
  • Options
    Ugh- I think my mum still has mine- I can't bear the idea!!!
  • Options
    One of the midwives in hosp asked if i was going to keep it and i just said 'do people do that??' Spoke to my sister and she's kept all her three childrens - though she did boil them to stop them smelling before putting them in a box! Hubby not keen on keeping it but will def keep the clamp.

xxx