Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth Story

I was in the garden with DH and DS. DH went to get some gardening bits from the shed and DS was chasing the dog around. At 11.45am I stood up and my waters went with a gush. DS went running up to DH shouting dada dada. They went inside to get sorted and I slowly waddled back to the house after them. DH couldn't get hold of mother-in-law to tell her we were on the way with DS and dog - took 15mins to get hold of them. By 12noon my contractions were about every 5/6mins apart and quickly getting closer and closer. We left home at 12.15pm as the hospital is 40mins on a good run. The traffic on the motorway was horrendous and we got to about 15/20mins from the hospital and i was coping well but then i felt an overwhelming urge to push. Somehow we got to the hospital and a midwife came rushing over to the car. noone could find a wheelchair and then the midwife told me to get back in the car as someone came out with a screen. Apparently i told her to not be so bloody stupid i wasn't giving birth in the car and to get me a sodding wheelchair! The car was abandoned near the entrance to the hospital and i had my legs firmly clamped together until we managed to get upstairs into a delivery room. We were in the delivery room about 2/3mins and after 2 pushes Megan Elizabeth was born. I had no pain relief as there simply wasn't time - so much for my relaxed birth with an epidural! image The whole labour lasted 91mins from my waters going and I was in established labour 3mins according to my discharge notes.

Replies