Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

cranial osteopathy

Going to take Alfie to his first appointment tomorrow, it has been highly recommended by friends and midwife.

Has anybody has any experience with baby cranial osteopathy?

Alfie is so irritable and unsettled, ill try anything at the moment.

Replies

• Options
    What is baby cranial osteopathy?
  • Options
    Its a massage/pressure point tecnique done by a trained osteopath which looks at the stress and strains a traumatic delivery can cause the babies head, neck and spine. Alfie was born via c section but was forceped out and it was quite traumatic on him. Look at his poor face
  • Options
    That's really interesting. My lo was a section but was forceped out with quite a bit force (he ended up with a badly bruised ear). He is having probs with colic and constipation. Didn't occur to me it could all be linked. Let me know how it goes if you don't mind x
  • Options
    Hiya kaycee i will let you know how it goes. My friend had the same problem with her little boy and said it helped work wonders as he was colicky and very irritable and unsettled.
  • Options
    i'd be interested to know how it goes too.

oh and Oliver has that outfit too!!!

SB x
  • Options
    Fortunately both my girls were delivered without assistance so I haven't had to experience cranial osteopathy though my friend said it worked wonders for her little boy who was delivered early due to problems with his cord getting tangled. He's now nearing 6mths old and has come along leaps and bounds. Would love to hear similar results here too.
  • Options
    how did the appointment go?
  • Options
    The appointment went well, alfie slept through it. He could feel disalinement. He warned me alfie could have a unsettled 48 hours, which he did but since he has been great. Infact he woke this morning without crying and went back to sleep. He is much more settled. We are going back on friday