Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sex???

Hi ladies,

How all the mummies and babies are well! Was just wondering if anyone has been brave enough to have sex yet? My baby is 3 weeks and 4days and I'm still worried about having sex after my 2nd degree tear.

Just wondering when/if anyone has done it yet?

cx

Replies

• Options
    No still too scared of my csec scar and bubs is 6 weeks!!!

SB x
  • Options
    Im still bleeding so sex is still a no no
  • Options
    Nope not notion of it :lol: My bleeding is just tailing off now
  • Options
    I (tried) sex at 4-weeks I had stitches and 1st degree tear. I used lub and was as relaxed as I could be. cant say it hurt but it did feel funny (for me) ive no complaints now tho lol. image

xx
  • Options
    Sadly bloodloss is still an issue here. Having had a 2nd degree tear doesn't help either although with DD1 I had a 3rd degree tear & was having sex around the 7-8wk post birth mark. Hoping we can aim for similar this time though with an extra child about will be praying both of them sleep long enough for us to actually achieve it. :lol:
  • Options
    Hi

Its a no here too. I'm aiming to reach the 6 week post section mark but because I've had a nasty infection I might give it a bit longer.

I'm hoping I'll know when I feel ready but I can't quite imagine having the time or the energy right now! :lol:
  • Options
    No! 6 weeks on for me (g/c from DIA) we've had kisses and cuddles and wanted to...but too scared after episiotomy! x
  • Options
    so glad its not just me! I do want to but the idea of a wound + sex = no chance!

At least I want to - never wanted to whilst pregnant! image

cx
  • Options
    Yes yes yes and lots of it :lol: we first tried at exactly 3 weeks pp. This was when the bleeding had stopped (although some spotting if I had done to much through out the day). We are back to our normal sex life, in fact I think its better, more spontaneous as we had been trying for Cai for 18 months and then lost him then had been trying for Abby so its all been baby making whereas now its all about the fun xx
  • Options
    Finally got over the fear of it and more the fear of missing an hour or so of sleep! 6 weeks exactly after birth and I don't know what I was worried about, although could have used that extra hour's sleep lol!

I just don't see how we're going to get back to a normal, regular sex life, there really are not enough hours in the day with a toddler and a newborn. Sex is good but is it bad if I say that sleep is better? (don't tell OH!)

• Options
    Finally got over the fear of it and more the fear of missing an hour or so of sleep! 6 weeks exactly after birth and I don't know what I was worried about, although could have used that extra hour's sleep lol!

I just don't see how we're going to get back to a normal, regular sex life, there really are not enough hours in the day with a toddler and a newborn. Sex is good but is it bad if I say that sleep is better? (don't tell OH!)

x

Even with Abby sleeping through the night I am so busy in the day that I 100% agree, A cuddle while falling asleep is fine by me lol xx
  • Options
    I have decided to give myself til my 6 week check and then get back on it! I think I will feel better once a nurse has had a wee look and told me its all back to normal! I have a weird fear of stitches and although I know they are all gone it still puts me off!!! *crazy person alert* image

cx