Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Introducing Noah

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6163/6182679804_e497f2f581.jpg

this is my gorgeous wee man Noah when he was two weeks old. He will be four weeks old tomorrow and is doing really well. He weighed 10lb 9oz a couple of days ago and is a little pudding! He is breastfeeding 3-4 hourly and although it still hurts me, he has taken to it no bother. He is very content, just as his sister was and loves his cuddles. He still has jaundice but this is improving every day.

Not that I'm biased but I think he's just perfect and loving being a mummy to two now. His sister loves him to bits and is so sweet with him - it melts my heart to watch them together. xx

Replies

• Options
    How cute! It must be lovely having two.

He was born the same day as our little one too.

Re the breast feeding - if its hurting I definitely recommend going to a local feeding drop in. We thought we'd gotten the latch ok as he was putting on weight and the pain for me was less but we went along and they just tweaked our method ever so slightly and now it doesn't hurt.

Well sometimes it does if I get over full for the first 10 seconds but I can ease it by expressing a small amount off first.
  • Options
    Gorgeous x
  • Options
    He's lovely so cute image

xx
  • Options
    hes very cute xxx
  • Options
    Lovely pic. I agree with Tulip about feeding though, it should hurt no more than a few secs with initial latching whilst flow is established or should be pain free.
  • Options
    Hes gorgeous hun!

I still find it a bit sore when latching on until letdown starts but then its pain free, have you checked your latch hun?
  • Options
    I'm pleased to say feeding is almost entirely pain free now. It's just the initial let down that hurts. I knew he was latching on properly but I had mastitis followed by thrush in both breasts (incredibly painful) so it's taken almost three weeks for everything to heal properly. Noah has fed well throughout - it's just me that has suffered! Breastfeeding may well be natural but it's a big learning curve for us mums!