Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going dairy free - any advice??

So i am exclusively breastfeeding and although my boy feeds regularly he is not putting on weight. He is getting the milk, despite us struggling at first, because i can hear him swallowing, and he has wet and dirty nappies, but his poo is quite watery at times so they think it is going straight through him.

I've been advised he might have some sort of milk allergy, so i am going on a dairy free diet to see if that helps.

Anyone had any experience of this, or advise on what i can eat? Got to cut out so many ingredients shopping is going to be a pain! And the worst of it is i've got to give up chocolate!

Just really hope it works and little man starts fattening up soon.

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

I'm lactose intolerant so it's a little easier. There are ranges of lactose free cheese, milk and yogurts in most supermarkets. Also, I can eat dark chocolate but not milk. I'm not sure if you are trying to cut out lactose or all dairy (which is extremely difficult) but hope that that helps a little. Best advise is to go to Health Shop - although lots of supermarkets do things that are dairy free now. image
  • Options
    Hiya, it's all dairy, so have to avoid a long list of ingredients such as casein, lactose, whey, basically anything containing any milk derivative. Off shopping later which may take some time! xxx