Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finally feeling like we're doing ok

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to share my happiness today as I have been panicking and moaning a lot lately!

The health visitor came today to weigh Connor and although we knew he had grown because he'd outgrown his newborn clothes, I was still worried because we'd had the difficult start to bf and we've been getting on with it without help, so I was scared it wasn't going as well as I thought. BUT...

Connor was 8lbs15 at birth and today at 4 weeks and 2 days he weighs a whopping 11lbs2! image

Definitely progressing along his same percentile and she was really happy with his development as he was sucking his fingers, watching me walk around the room and started going for 5 hours at night now. I know everyone must be nervous about development to some extent but I've been paranoid since he lost 12% in week one and was dehydrated with urates in his nappy and crying all the time through hunger.

So pleased we are back on track and can forget about the rough start. I hope all of the September babies are progressing well too. Connor is certainly 'thriving' as they say! xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Well done you and congrats Tulip. After a bad day with Oliver this has made me smile.

SB x
  • Options
    Aww Spongebob,

I hope it wasn't too bad. Its amazing how much you can swing from a high on a good day to feeling like its just impossible on a bad one especially when you're tired.

The good thing though is that as soon as you have a bad day a great one usually follows.

I'm starting to find the good days are getting better and the bad days fewer - hope you are too xxx
  • Options
    Thats great news tulip, i agree about the bad days and the good days x
  • Options
    Thanks Tulip. There are definately more good days. i stupidly tried an alternative to Infacol and poor Oliver has been screaming all day with wind so promptly went back to the infacol. poor thing has hardly slept!!!

SB x
  • Options
    have you tried colief everybody raves about it
  • Options
    Glad you are feeling better about Connor and he's doing well.You are doing a great job. Oliver is doing better but still doesn't settle great at bedtime but going to let hubby out him to bed to see if he's waking as he can smell my milk and wants more.x
  • Options
    Glad to hear things going well, am waiting to see HV tomorrow with Hannah having had slight jaundice & us trying to decide whether she's getting over it or not (one minute she seems pinky, the next more of a yellow tint again :? )I've been sticking to the every 4hr feeds (young lady won't let me go over :lol: ) but still wonder if it's helping or not. The joys of parenthood.