Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My BS

Hello again girls, long time no see. Where does the time go?

Sorry if tmi but this is our BS of Sophia Isabelle. My waters went on Monday 19th at 10pm. So I rang the labour ward who told me to come in and they would monitor baby. At 3am they decide that baby is not ready and kick me out telling me to stay at home until I have stronger contractions. So I go home but I have to go back at 1.30pm that day to be monitored again, in the meantime they tell me the earliest they can induce me is the Thursday as they have no beds image even though the policy is you are to be offered induction within 24hrs. So I go home and go back for monitoring spent 5hrs waiting for a doctor as my BP is rising, I'm then told to ring at 9am weds morning as I need inducing sooner rather than later. I am then starting to worry more as again I am sent home to wait, I'm also exhausted by this point as I am not sleeping.

So weds morning I ring at 9am as instructed only to be told there are no beds ring back at 2pm, at this point I ring my mum and burst into tears due to the fact I am so tired and worried. My mum speaks to dh and tells him to meet her at the hospital as I need to be monitored again anyway. So back at the hospital my BP has shot up more and they decide I need inducing there and then. I'm taken down and put on the drip at 13.45hrs, all well and good not too painful until I am given the full dose, omg the pain was unbelievable but i felt the baby shift position and i think this is when she went back to back. At 7pm I feel I need to push and I tell the midwife who tells me I can't possibly be ready as the drip normally takes a lot longer. Eventually she examines me after I begged her to check. Suprisingly I am ready like I have been telling the midwife. I start pushing and after 2hrs of non stop pushing I kept asking the midwife if she could see anything? She kept telling me to push I kept telling my mum and dh I couldn't take the pain anymore and I was exhausted, the pain in my back was excruiating, I had gas n air and a shot of pethedine at 6pm. I asked for an epidural to be told I hadn't got long left now and it wouldn't do anything for my back pain.

By 9.30pm I am screaming at at the midwife to tell me what is going on and all she kept saying was she would examine me at 10pm. I'm telling her it's not good enough and something isn't right. At 10pm the dr comes into the room, my gut instinct was right even though I was off my head with the pain. He asks if I have had an epidural which I hadn't, so he says right then forceps it is and baby needs to come out now. Baby had turned back to back and got herself stuck on my pubic bone :cry: the room was full of drs etc and by this point I'm terrified, my mum is in tears and dh is petrified. After 2 attempts baby was born, however I felt the forceps slip once and the 2nd time the dr had his foot on the bed pulling.

I had an episiotomy however I ended up with a 3rd deg tear which the drs thought had caught my bowel, baby was also blue when she was born but luckily cried straightaway as they put her on me. I had a few mins with Sophia and was then rushed down the theatre to be stitched. Luckily they hadn't caught my bowel and managed to put it all back together.

I really hated my labour in the end and feel it went very wrong, I have been told if I had an epidural it would have been a c sec. But I was too far gone to get it in :cry:

Still we have our beautiful healthy baby girl who doesn't seem too traumatised by her entry into the world image xx

Replies

• Options
    Omg i hope your ok didn't sound to good.I hope mummy and baby are doing well now and your are resting and recovering well. Congratulations.xx
  • Options
    Sounds really traumatic Madam. Hope that writing it down helps. At the end oof the day, you have your beautiful girl and did well to avoid the section. Love her name too x
  • Options
    Poor you, I hate that MW's just pop in and out leaving you to it with their 4hr scheduled checks (not every woman/labour is the same as they themselves love reminding us!). Hope you and little Sophia are recovering well now and you can move on from the experience (or vent your annoyance by writing a complaint.)