Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

To dreamfeed or not?

Who dreamfeeds? We followed Mias lead with the evening routine and she fell into one naturally. We bath every other night usually around 7.30. If we aren't bathing we take her up to our room for a bit of playing/interacting and get her pjs on. The I feed her and put her in her basket in the living room. Sometimes shes already sleep but most times shes not and she just shuffles about until she puts herself over, this can take anything from 15-45mins lol but she doesn't cry and shes always out cold by 9.

I had been lifting her between 10 and 10.30 for a "dreamfeed" where we lift her and change her nappy, she does wake up and grizzles a bit while nappy is changed, then I feed her and her eyes are closed from the off, shes out cold by the end of the feed.She usually goes to 4/5am and once it was 6am. Well on Wed evening I was just knackered as we are in the throes of the 6wk growth spurt feeding at least every 2hrs during the day, and on Tues night she woke at 2.30 for a feed despite only going down at 11 after a mammoth feed and woke twice more for feeding. The few nights before she had woke at 3.30.

So I decided not to wake her on weds and we all went up to bed at 9.30 (Mia had been out cold from 8.50, had finished feeding at 8.15) and she didnt wake until 3.30, was changed, fed went back down until 6.30., same again and down until 8.30. This moring was 9am. So she went 7hrs between her last feed.

Sooo would you continue with the dreamfeed in the hope that she goes back to the 10.30-5-8.30 or just let her sleep on?

Replies

• Options
    g/c from BIN 2010, only you know whays right for you lo, however we dreamfed our ds until he was about 5 months-once he was sleeping 6/7 hours we managed to time the dreamfeed with us going to bed about 11 and then ds would stay down until 7am ish. we started reducing the bottle size at about 4 1/2 months then cut the dream feed out about 5. it worked for us and our ds now sleeps 7:15pm-7am like clockwork with no night feeds and has done since all above. i know its not rightfor everyone but works for us! x
  • Options
    I don't dream feed but i think it does depend of each baby and mother.If she still wakes up the same i wouldn't bother, but if she sleeps better i would.x