Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

post-natal check???

has any one had there post-natal check yet? what happens? im not getting mine untill Alex gets his jabs at 8 weeks.

Replies

• Options
    Hey flump,

Had mine this week and they basically asked how I was, checked my scar, talked about my body e.g. breasts, lady bits and asked about contraception. i think it is just a general check to see if you are ok.

HTH

SB x
  • Options
    I don't actually get one! Midwife says i can book myself in if i want but they don't do them as standard. Seems a bit strange as i had a c-section and am on iron as my hb went even lower than during preg after the birth. Got app through for 6 week baby check today so might try and book myself in the same time.

xxx
  • Options
    I'll be doing much the same as last time around and having my check at the same time GP checks over Hannah at around 8wks. It'll normally just be a chat to see that you're feeling well (no sore abdomen, boobs, lady bits that could spell an infection), they'll discuss contraception with you and look for signs of PND. With baby it'll be a repeat of the initial baby check done after birth checking eye movement and joints are all normal. Baby jabs will normally be done by nurse and all jabs for the first year go into LO's thighs so will want to dress them in something that allows easy access to their legs.