Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Regained birth weight - woohoo!!!

My little man has finally regained his birthweight as of yesterday! He is now 9lb 13oz so 1oz more than when he came out. He had dropped to 9lb 7oz after the first week and wasn't putting any back on when he should have been. He also had poo issues and because we were in scbu in hosp they were keeping an extra eye on him as an outpatient.

So he's had tests and they found what they suspected which is that he has a cow's milk protein intolerance. I gave up dairy a week ago as i'm breastfeeding him and since then he's put on that 6oz, so must be working! Giving up the dairy's not easy as it's in so much stuff in many forms that you just wouldn't suspect so having to check all the packaging, but it was such a struggle getting breastfeeding established that i don't want to give it up now we've mastered it!

Really happy he's getting there!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Well done you. I can't possibly imagine giving up dairy (I live on the stuff) so can only applaud you for your determination. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Well done you and Ryan! I admire you giving up dairy, I've cut out eggs as they gave her awful wind which is hard as i'm a veggie. Flo didn't get back to birth weight til 4 weeks and now at 7 weeks is only 10oz over but this is due to poor supply and being a slow gainer.

You sound like you're doing great, keep up the good work, you're doing the best thing for your baby xxx
  • Options
    image well done you and Ryan.

You must feel very proud of yourself. I don't think i could go without dairy

SB x
  • Options
    fantastic news!!

I'm glad it's all sorted and he's thriving again - well done you!