Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else fed up of getting advice!

HAVE TO MOAN!

Anyone else getting unwanted advice from people,i had to walk out of my nans today, as i nearly said "for xxxx sake you last had a baby over 50 years ago !!!!!"

I thought it was bad when i was pregnant with people handing out advice, it worse now i have my baby.

All babies are differnt, little individual personalities and surely their mums and dads no whats best, not some passing visitor!

Sorry rant over x

Replies

• Options
    :lol:

I agree! I wouldn't mind advice as such but when it comes in the form of 'oh I never found that winding position worked at all' and one person telling me I need to feed on demand and pick him up each time he cries as he's so young and someone else telling me I'm molly coddling him. sheesh!

Oh and apparently my midwife is a hippy because the advice now is different to 20 years ago! image

Rant away!
  • Options
    Reading that i feel pretty lucky! Both my mum and mil are happy to give me advice, but only if i ask, which i often do! They don't interfere at all which is fab. I do find the best person to bug is my sister as she's got 3 little ones so has the most recent experience of anyone i know.

xxx
  • Options
    Remember that is only advice. You don't have to follow it, do what you think is best. If I tried to do everything my mum suggests, my nan suggests, my sister suggests and my sil suggests I have a breakdown very quickly as they all have differing views on childcare and what should and shouldn't be done. My mum and sister both used dummies, I haven't and don't want to. My nan used to forcefeed or starve baby, I'm definitely not taking that advice. SIL used to leave baby in pushchair at bottom of garden whilst she did housework? not planning on doing that either.
  • Options
    I am lucky as i haven't been given any yet but my hubby has from his mum.I now think i have more kids than her now so i am more experienced,lol!!