Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

AF

Hi Ladies and babies,

Hope you are all well and enjoying your babies. Can't believe that Oliver is 11 weeks today!!

Just wondering if you have had a period yet? I haven't (not that I am complaining) but just wondered how long it can take to show.

SB x

Replies

• Options
    Hiya. Ryan is just over 8 weeks. I didn't stop bleeding properly til 5 weeks. Had a little bit of pink discharge a few days ago but didn't come to anything. How are you feeding coz i read if breastfeeding you might not have a period for ages.

xxx
  • Options
    Hay sponge_bobby,

Are you breastfeeding?I haven't had one either and i am breastfeeding but with my others i never got one until i stopped which was 10 months and a year.Which was good but also worrying but then i did go on the mini pill at my 6 week checks.But this time i am going to use the coil but not being fitted till 12th december and i can feel mild period pain now but nothing as yet.

You couldn't be pregnant could you?x
  • Options
    If I remember right, you're ff SB? With my son, my period came back exacly 5 weeks after I stopped expressing (was mix feeding til 13 weeks) then continued every 5 weeks from then.

This time, we've been topping up with formula since day 5 and for the last month, I'd say she's having 80% formula. I bled longer this time (til about 5 weeks) and have had a couple of episodes of some pinky discharge but not sure if that was a period? I'm hoping it won't come back til I've fully stopped breastfeeding!

I wouldn't worry, or is there a chance you could be pregnant? If you are concerned, perhaps mention it to your gp or hv xxx
  • Options
    Hi Girls,

Thanks for replies. Not worried about it just wondering when it could appear. Definately not pregnant!!! :lol:

Well remembered peanut, I am ff but still occasionally have very slight leakage from boobies so don't think hormones have entirely returned to normal. Had csec so didn't have much bleeding afterwards.

SB x
  • Options
    have got it now image stopped bleeding at4/5 weeks and AF started at 7 weeks but only lasted 24hrs (?) and then started again at 8 weeks...
  • Options
    You're lucky as i had a c-section too but bled for ages! xxx
  • Options
    Hello lovely. Well I am glad I am not the only one that took ages. On Friday I was actually convinced that I had fallen pregnant, it would just be our luck that when I didn't want to get pregnant we would conceive naturally :lol: The plan was I would call my GP today to see what was going on but yesterday (Abby was exactly 12 weeks old) AF arrived....its not nice...be prepared for TMI......

Its REALLY heavy image I have to wear super maxi pads x2!!!! image its honestly like someone turned a tap on (Sorry TMI) I am also passing lots of small clots but have been told that this is normal for a first period (I don't really remember with the others) I am in quite a bit of pain too :cry: I am just glad that little miss Abby is so worth all of this. xx
  • Options
    I've only just stopped post birth bleeding but recall with Samantha I didn't have AF for 9mths until I stopped BFing so am not too worried/hoping the same goes again.
  • Options
    With my 1st I didn't have an AF till I stopped bf at around 7 months x
  • Options
    Well ladies she turned up today. So that is 14 weeks after Oliver was born.

Haven't missed her at all but kinda glad to see her as it reassures me that all is ok. Wierdly has made me kinda broody although want to wait at least a year before trying for little sis or bro!!!

SB x
  • Options
    i had my LO 21st august - so nearly 16 weeks ago. Im exclusively BF so no period yet - but he's going 12 hours at night. Ive had two occasions of spotting but nothing else.

Have had unprotected sex once so of course there is a little voice at the back of my mind. But BF 6 hourly gives 96% protection, so although i must have less protection than that, i still must have some good cover. My LO does BF all day sometimes! Not ready for another LO just yet although strangely when reading the BFP posts i do get broody. x