Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Quick catch up

Hello lovelies. How are you all doing? Just thought I would update on us quickly.

Abby is 15 weeks old now and still as amazing as ever. I am going to have her weighed tomorrow and she is having her 3rd lot of jabs on the 13th. We heard her giggle for the first time yesterday, she likes to be scared so OH jumps out and shouts 'rarrr' and she thinks its the funniest thing in the world :lol: she is so chatty too (takes after her sister there) after she has a feed she loves to lie with me and babble away, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy :lol:

She is most defiantly teething, hands in mouth, lots of dribble, red cheeks, being fussy with her feeds etc, she is coping well at the moment though.

Just looked over to her and she was rubbing her eyes, awwwwwwwww image

When do you all plan to start weaning? Having mixed reviews from people. Megan was weaned at 4 months but I wanted to wait until 6 months as that is what guidelines suggest but guidelines when Megan was a baby said 4 months :roll:

How are Christmas plans coming along? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Torch,

Nice to hear from you and glad all is well.

Had a chat with my HV regarding weaning and she said you can from 17 weeks but the recommended is 6 months. She said now is a good time to start stocking up on purees etc.

As you can see from my previous posts Oliver is one hungry boy so I think we will be starting early but I am going to wait till he shows the signs. She said that she thinks I will have to start before 6 months and suggested that around mid January would be a good time.

I also think Ollie is showing signs of teething but he is still happy so I don't think it is bothering him that much.

Take care

SB x
  • Options
    Hey Torch have not being on here for so long, going to put some photos up and i have the same proplem, Joshuas showing all the signs of teething and having a bottle of 9oz milk at each feed, i was debating weather to give him baby rusks to start then introding my own blended food but i get so many mixed reviews..Anyway your her mum you do what you feels best.

I have heard of people that it can cause problems though early on with there stomachs because there not adapted proberly but i no loads of people that have started weaning from 3-4 months onwards xxx
  • Options
    Hey, glad to hear all well.

Hannah is very dribbly/cuddly with teething, bless her, but still feeding like a trooper. She also babbles away in conversation enjoying her chats with DH on our sofa.

Weaning we plan to start at 4mths (as we did with big sis last year) though Hannah would prob prefer today as she smacks her lips every mealtime taking great interest in what's being eaten. We'll be stocking up on rusks/jars/purees after christmas ready for mid Jan.

Christmas shopping all complete, it's finding the time to wrap it all without my 'helper' unwrapping it at the same time. The poor tree keeps getting re-dressed on a daily basis with madam playing with baubles galore. Oh well, it keeps us busy.
  • Options
    Torch your very organised i have left xmas shopping till last minute this year xxx