Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Unexplained bugs post pregnancy??

Hi Ladies,

I'm just wondering if its usual to feel run down for quite a while after giving birth?

I've had so much trouble with colds and now a mystery bug. I threw my guts up for 4 hours non stop on wednesday morning and wondered if it was food poisoning but still getting the nausea and some heartburn even now.

In some ways it feels like I'm pg again but there is less than 1% chance so just wondered if anyone else is having similar?

Replies

• Options
    You can feel less than perfect post pregnancy - your normal waking/sleeping patterns are greatly altered to accommodate your new arrival & once you start to feel drained of energy you seem to make yourself more susceptable to catching illnesses (colds/flu being one of the easiest). Your latest sounds like the 'Winter Sickness' bug that has caught up with many friends of mine over halfterm week. Take things easy, avoid anything too acidic like fruit juice, hopefully you'll feel better soon.
  • Options
    Thanks Kazzie. I do feel like I started with a disadvantage in being poorly for the final few weeks of pregnancy and this coupled with a long labour, c section to get over and trying to be super mum has taken its toll.

My HV has told me to rest, get some air, eat, drink and take my pregnacare religiously!

That winter bug was horrible! Hope you've avoided it.

I'm taking fluconazole too for deep breast tissue thrush which I think is what's making me so nauseated.

Cheers for the sympathy! xx