Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

confessions of a mum...

Just for fun...

Yes I have gone out with white milk slobber on my cardigan!

Yes I have pretended I didn't see that bit of poop on his vest!

yes I have forgotten how many spoons of formula I have spooned even though I was counting!

Yes I do still wear my HUGE maternity knickers cos they are just so comfy and don't irritate my scar

and yes my heart does melt when my son smiles at me in the morning!

Any more...

SB x

Replies

• Options
    Yes I have had such a lovely time playing with him that I forgot to change his nappy until it got HUGE with wet!

Yes I have thrown away most of the vests that are victims of nappy explosions because I just can't be bothered to fight the stains!

Yes I have accidentally dropped cake, sandwich, crisps etc on him when he is on my front in a sling!

Yes I did laugh when he peed in his ear!

Yes I have been out clothes shopping and returned with only one breast pad! image

Yes I cannot resist kissing his beautiful squidgy cheeks at every possible opportunity
  • Options
    So glad its not just me that miscounts the formula scoops!!

Yes I do leave my hair unwashed and don't care!

Yes I have started a diet everyday since my son was born and it hasn't lasted passed lunch time!

Yes I have pretend I don't hear my son during the night, in the hope that my husband will take a turn!

Yes I do read awful stories in the news and worry about these things happening to my family!

Yes I do love a wee cuddle when he is all naked and about to get his bath, then a cuddle with his dressing gown on afterwards!

Yes I do think being a mummy is the most rewarding job in the world!!! imageimageimage
  • Options
    Fantabulous post Spongebobby! image

Yes I do use breastfeeding as an excuse to eat more cake

Yes I have gone to the GP covered in his pee as he decided to pee on me just before we had to leave image

Yes I do still enjoy an afternoon nap

Yes I do leave him for just 5 more minutes in his cot in the morning to catch some zzzzzs.

Yes I do leave him in a dirty nappy for a few more minutes just to check there isn't a 2nd number 2 on its way!

and yes I do leave him in his buggy to sleep after a long walk

and oh yes I do leave him in his top with a bit of sick if its not 'too wet'. :lol:
  • Options
    Love this thread!image

Yes i've eaten my tea with one hand while holding a newborn attached to my boob with the other.

Yes I still just watch my 5 month old sleep knowing it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

Yes i'm often out in public and suddenly realise i've not actually looked in a mirror before we came out.

Yes I feel sad that my boy is growing so fast while being happy that he's thriving at the same time.

Yes I sometimes feed him to sleep because i'm exhausted and need a nap myself.

Yes I watch One Born Every Minute religiously and would still do it all again!
  • Options
    here, here ladies. I agree with each and every one of your statements

and yes I am jealous of the due in forums as I know what an exciting, amazing, scary and fulfilling journey is ahead of them.

and yes I am still enjoying my exciting, amazing, scary and fulfilling journey.

SB x
  • Options
    Great thread!

I've gone out with dribble marks on my top under my jacket - but I don't care as no one knows but me!

I never want to give him to anyone else so people have to ask me if they can have a cuddle.

I too still wear my huge maternity knickers as it's cold and they're comfy!

I'm already excited about the thought of being pregnant again and go gooey when I see mummies with their tiny babies.

I love being a mummy and nothing beats going for long walks just the two of us image
  • Options
    All of these really made me laugh lol I do most of them!! The one I do the most is get up and give Abby her dummy in the morning just to get 5 more minutes. I have become quite good at timing breakfast so Daddy can do it when he gets in from work too lol. x
  • Options
    Love this thread,

Got to be when Oliver wakes up at 4/5 in the morning and bring in my bed to feed him and cuddling him after untill we have to get up because i cannot be bothered to put him back in his bed and he sleeps well in my bed.

Not rushing for him to wean because i don't want him to grow up to quickly (although he isn't intrested yet).

love having bath time with him in the bath with me

how he NEEDS a feed when there washing up to doimage