Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Our first holiday booked ;)

It's my grandmother's 90th birthday this year & we're having a family reunion in Cornwall to celebrate. Have just officially booked our hotel stay for long weekend. Both nervous & excited as it will be our first holiday away from home with all 4 of us. Now need to plan the long drive down there & 'stop breaks' on the route. DH is already saying if this goes well he may look at additional longer break later in the year too. (Again nerves & excitement at the prospect).

Replies

• Options
    Awww. We tried a short break in Jan in a hotel, but it was a nightmare, a) Ryan hated his travel cot (we now have a standard cot mattress cut to size as the travel cot mattresses are too thin and uncomfy) and b) all of us confined to one room was just a mistake!

We are going to Spain in June as my in laws have a holiday home there so we're all going. I can't wait! His first passport arrived the other day, which is a waste of time as he won't look like that in 4 months, but hey ho!

xxx
  • Options
    I think it hilarious that child passports last 5yrs when their faces change constantly in just a few short months. They maintain they can still identify them through eyes & nose though (can't wait to sort out passports, am sure will have great fun trying to keep both girls looking at camera without sucking on their fists)
  • Options
    Hope you have lovely time, We have our first holiday booked for 28th march an were going to see my mum and dad in Australia, so excited cannot wait.My parents paid though as we couldn't afford nearly ??4000.It's going to intresting on a nearly 24 hours of flying with 3 kids but i am thinking postive!! :lol:

We also have butlins booked for October which the kids love and its an added bonus that you can pay bit by bit.

The mil has a caravan in Great Yarmouth which is only a hour away which we go to a few time a year but for us it doesn't seem like a holiday as we know it so well, and mil is a clean freak so i spend alot of it cleaning! :lol: :roll:

We have our travel cot in the living room so we can get Oliver used to it and he has been sleeping in it in the day so hopefully he will settle in it.x