Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Where are we from and what do we all do?

Just to find out a bit more about everyone!!

I'm from Livingston, Scotland...just outside Edinburgh.

I worked as a childminder from when I was expecting Liam up until a couple of months ago. DH and I worked out we could afford me to just be a sahm until the kids go to school and then I could go back to work.

Now we are talking about dh quitting his job and working part-time once baby is born and I will work part-time as he feels he is missing out on so much and will give me a bit of a break when we have 3 on the go!!

Should also add I am almost 26 and have a 2.5 year old son, Liam, a 13 month old Daughter, Bella, and a 7 year old stepson Aidan.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Oh how lovely! I think dads do feel this way dont they? although i think my DH after a few days would want to go back to work haha

IMm from southend, Essex i am currently on Mat leave i work as admin at a charity to help unpaid carers Love the job but with the surprise 3rd on the way think i will have to be a sahm too! we can just about afford it :?

xx
  • Options
    I grew up in Fife, Scotland and then moved to Cornwall when I was a teen. I'm now in my early 20's and work as a carer in a nursing home image

xxx
  • Options
    im from weston super mare in somerset

i work 3 days a week doing admin , which i must admit i enjoy having a little break , but by the wed im ready to be mummy again ! hope i dont sound mean !!
  • Options
    Hi I'm Beth, I live just outside Oxford, but originally from Cardiff, S Wales.

I was a primary school teacher before having dd, now I'm a sahm, but I do the odd day of supply teaching, and I teach piano & violin for 2.5 hours, two evenings a week.
  • Options
    Im in wales,i work 2 days atm as a hairdresser and will do the same once 9 mo leave is up.

• Options
    I live in Oxfordshire and have an 18 month daughter and am very nervous about getting too excited too soon!!! x
  • Options
    I am in Chesterfield, Derbyshire and work full time in Cruise Sales as a Sales Executive!! Timed baby well as have not long since come back from a Caribbean cruise which would have been a struggle avoiding the frozen margherita's!! I'm 28 and have 6yr old Chloe already image
  • Options
    I'm 30 and live in croydon, south london...I work in supply chain & logistics. This is my first baby...you all seem like you have a least one child already...so I'm pretty clueless I'm afraid! xx
  • Options
    Hello ladies,

I'm from London and I'm 24 and have an 11 months of daughter. We are now expecting number two which was planned as I and hubby didn't want a big age gap between our first and second. I work for the NHS.
  • Options
    hey, i live in Bristol. im 28yrs old, married and have a little boy whos 20 monthes old, 2yrs the end of feb. weve now got one on the way..i only found out today!! friday 13th!! good day hey!!

im a qualified and registered veterinary nurse.

hope everyones well. this is my second baby so feeling alittle more in the know this time round.
  • Options
    I live just outside Milton Keynes with my hubby and a 2 year old dd and 8 month old ds and 4 cats.

I used to be an Account Manager for a Housing Association but after having my son decided to become a sahm as even though I only need childcare for 2 days a week it would cost ??1200 a month for 2 kids round here !!!!!

Hubby works as a police officer in London so does very long shifts, plus he's in the riot squad so works overtime even on his days off so I am home alone a lot as we car share and he takes the car !!
  • Options
    hey narnolls , we are quite close image

will you be going to st micheals ?? i ended up there with my DS as he got stuck and i needed help to get him out!! that was a fun ambulance tip !!
  • Options
    Hi all,

I'm 30, hubby 34. We live on the Worcestershire/Birmingham border. We have a 15 month old beautiful boy!

I have a cupcake business and also teach cake decorating classes!

• Options
    Hi I'm 25 and live in Northampton. I have one son who is 21 months at the moment.

I am a finance manager in Milton Keynes. Would love to be a sahm but it's more cost effective to work at the moment :roll: I would love to run and own my business that was creative like you MrsLD - very jealous! image xx
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm 32 and hubby 27. We live near middlesbrough with our 10 month old son. I'm due back to work from maternity leave in March and in 5 (hopefully) quick months will be off again with this little one. Dont think i'll be going back but not even thinking about it until the time!

We should be 8 months pregnant now but our little angel wasnt meant to be that time so fingers cross, this one is here to stay.

Kim
  • Options
    Im from north wales and im late 20s!

This is our first baby so very excited!!

Im a speech and language therapist and hubby is a trainee solicitor!
  • Options
    This is my first baby. I live in Coventry with my husband and am currently working at an estate agents but I'm hoping to eventually do a course in interior design, although not sure how easy that will be when I have a LO to look after! X
  • Options
    Hello I am 30 and I live in Nottingham. I am a Secondary Science teacher and only just gone back to work as I have a 8 month old little boy!!!
  • Options
    Hello all, I am from Derry N.Ireland but live in Co Durham with my husband who is from Lithuana - I am 38 and DH is 28 and our birthdays are 3 days apart well 10years 3 days haha. I worked as a Systems Support Officer for the council before DD and now a sahm and loving every minute of it. DH is a head chef so we are getting by..just, I will go back to work when little ones are at school. This was planned baby as we want them close together so we dont care either way if a boy or girl but I think dh would love a son.x
  • Options
    Hi I'm 30, with a 4 month old son and 8 weeks pregnant!!! I started to go bk to work as a mobile hairdresser but now I'm pregnant will have to stop as my back gets so bad during pregnancy, hairdressing does not help!!!

We live in Orpington Kent.

Il be a sahm now which is great! Il prob go back to work once there at nursery.Xx