Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Sept 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A little catch up!!

Sorry I've not posted much lately, I've been feeling a little like poop.

How have we all been feeling? My sickness is starting to go (with the help of meds) so I'm feeling alot better, have been suffering with constipation so once that's sorted I should be as good as new :lol:

I cannot believe how fast this is going, I'm going to be 17 weeks on friday image A little scary really as I have so much to do before the baby is here.

All of a sudden I've got quite a big bump out of nowhere too (could be down to being constipated too, but it defo looks like a baby bump)

Was a little naughty last week and missed my midwife appointment as I was sick, so I have to phone up to reschedule but I'm a little scared That I might get told off :lol:

I hope you are all keeping well.

Cherries 16+4 xxx

Replies

• Options
    Sorry your still feeling poo, but looks like you are coming out on the other side. Fingers crossed you keep improving!

I know it is going fast for me as well. Although my 20 week scan cant come fast enough!!! Next midwife app for me is 2 weeks tomorrow, looking forward to hearing babas little heart beating! xx
  • Options
    Ahhh I'm sure you will be let off hun, not like you were hung over or anything self-inflicted. Glad you are starting to feel a wee bit more human.

My next midwife appointment is a week on thursday. I got a doppler from ebay with bella - was really good, came with gel and things rather than the crappy ones that you need headphones for so think I will be getting it again this time. So nice lying in bed at night listening to baby's heartbeat.

I'm sitting typing this and every now and again I'm getting a very slight flutter!!!!!! At first I thought it was just my imagination but I'm concentrating more on it now and it's definitely there. awwwwwwwww!!
  • Options
    I feel te same, cannot wait for my next scan! I think we've decided to find out the sex of baby too.

I've always wanted a Doppler, did you buy one from eBay or do the hire on eBay? Would be nice to be able to listen to the heartbeat whenever I wanted.

How exciting about the flutters. I'm lying in bed still and have been feeling baby move for the past hour, can feel where about baby is lying too, feels great!! Cannot wait for some proper thumps though! :lol:

Cherries 17+3 xx
  • Options
    You can hire them. much cheaper and once you have it - say you hire it for a month, you can renew it rather than send it back. It's fab

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT200-SOUND-FETAL-DOPPLER-RENTAL-HIRE-1-MONTH-/260987938924?pt=UK_Baby_Maternity_Pregnancy_MJ&hash=item3cc417e86c#ht_2631wt_1064

This is the one I had with Bella and will be getting again. I bought an angel sounds one from argos with liam and it was crap. Could hardly hear a thing.

xx
  • Options
    Sorry you are still feeling rough! Hope the sickness completely disappears asap!!!

I am constipated too and live on lactuloseimage Get yourself a big bottle and have some before bed - does wonders and I think I a may be slightly addicted!!!
  • Options
    That looks fab, I might have to hire myself one of those! image

the lactulose seems to be working quite well now muffin, although I find it far too sickly. there's nothing wrong with a slight addiction if it does the job :lol:

xx
  • Options
    Hi, I too have been AWOL but I find it so hard to get on here these days!

Glad your sickness is starting to go, I'm 19 weeks on Friday & still sick so not impressed. Suffering with a horrid flu like illness again too so feeling sorry for myself.