Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hey I am new!

Hi Augusts!! I am new, was recommended by my friend.

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby, got married in Sept 12 and conceived on our first try! SO lucky! Really excited and a little bit worried about something going wrong but trying to stay positive!

I have had colposcopy's in the past so have scar tissue on my cervix so a little concerned about that - would be interested to chat to anyone who has also had this???

Got my first midwife appointment on Monday and waiting for my date for 12wk scan.

I would love to chat to all you August girls and share the experience!

Mrs G xxx

Replies

• Options

Hi Mrs G! I haven't experienced what you have so no advice- just a little welcome message! xx

• Options
    Welcome! I've had a colposcopy but no scarring so can't help with that bit UK I'm afraid. congrats on the wedding and your bfp, very lucky and exciting times for you.

I'm due 22nd Aug. Fingered crossed for a boring 9 months xxx
  • Options
    Hello!! I've had colposcopy too as I had severe diskaryosis (not sure if that's how you spell it!) and I was a bit worried it might effect my pregnancy but the midwife at my booking in and my GP weren't worried at all so fingers crossed it'll be ok. I have a daughter but had her the year before I had the treatment. X
  • Options
    hiya, iam 8 weeks too, i see my midwife in 2 weeks time, plus having another early scan but iam rushing the days away i just want to hurry up and get my 12 week scan date so i can hopefully (fingers crossed) share our wonderful news image

with everyone.

welcome on board the journey x
  • Options

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! It's lovely to hear from you. I had my midwife appointment this morning and all went well. Still waiting for my 12wk scan date - I am desperate to get it.

Happy-Mrs-S, I spoke to my midwife about the scarring on my cervix and she didnt seem worried at all so fingers crossed it will all be plain sailing. I haven't had any spotting at all so hoping it's strong and not the opposite.  

Flee24, I like how you put it about a 'boring 9 months' fingers crossed for us all!

Happy 8 weeks QueenAsanti83! I know how it feels to rush the days away waiting for the scan date! I think I will be calmer after a successful scan....maybe not.

xxx  

• Options

Hi GBubs and welcome!

I had severe dsyklarosis last year and had a colposcopy and the burning treatment (cant remember the technical name for it lol). I had another smear before I was pregnant which came back as borderline but they want to do another colposcopy. I spoke to my GP when I found out I was pregnant and she told me not to have it but I called the hospital to cancel the appointment but they told me to still go. I am so confused! I am due to see the midwife for my first appointment next week so I will ask her as well. Its very annoying having conflicting information!!

I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months x

• Options

Hi MrsMWragg,

Hopefully your midwife will be able to reassure you and give you the right advice. I would be confused too! Finger crossed everything goes well and you have a very healthy pregnancy!

I got my 12wk scan date! 4th Feb! SO excited! 4 weeks to wait, feels like forever. xxx

• Options

Hi GBubs!

That's the same date as my scan!  It feels like its forever away!  Just thanking my lucky stars this is a busy month at work and hopefully should fly by *fingers crossed*.

So excited though! How far gone will you be then?  I'll be 13 weeks.

xx

• Options

Hi xxMrsSxx, haha, i will be 13 weeks too!!! - I'm 9 weeks 2 days today image we have lots in common! Does feel ages away but like you I am really busy at work so should go by quick!

Is this your second? xx

• Options
    I'm 9+1 today, due 11 August. We do have lots in common. Have you had your initial app with the midwife yet? I have mine next wed, 16th.

This is my second. DS is 26 months, he's a little terror and a ball of energy but he's so good too. How old is your first? Xx
  • Options
    I'm due 10/12 Aug - they think it's 10th, I think it's 12th!! My booking appt is 16th too! I will have had three appts by then due to a few issues. Baby number 2 for md too!! How exciting!
  • Options

How exiting we are all so close MrsS and Smudgetake2!

MrsS, I had my initial apmt with the midwife was this Monday just gone, I was really excited about it as it made it feel real. All went well, they say I am low-risk. Good luck for your yours on 16th.

This is my first pregancy image no previous pregnancies. I assumed you had a lovely baby already due to your pic image he looks adorable! You will be a busy bee with both image!

Smudgetake2 hope your booking apmt goes well on 16th! xx

• Options
    Ah apologies gbubs! I forgot my pic was my little monster. I'm hoping to be low risk this time and think I will be. I had a post partum haemorrhage last time so hoping it doesn't make me high risk. I don't know anyone else who has had one either to know what they were considered as. Hoping to go through this with m/w in more detail to avoid it happening this time.

Oh it's just exciting. I remember all the emotions I went through first time... It's not that much easier second time! Haha!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better over the next 7ish months!! Xx
  • Options
    Gbubs - that's really good that your appointment went well. Hopefully that's a sign of how things will continue. So exciting to be having your first baby! I'm finding it just as much of a rollercoaster with number 2!

MrsS - sorry to hear you had a PPH - that's up there in my worst fears. I had a really great pregnancy with my DD until 3rd trimester when I developed severe hypertension which had to be medicated with beta blockers to try and hold off pre eclampsia. Then I had a horrible birth (why am I doing this again?!) so pretty sure I'll be high risk. Plus I have just been told I have high blood sugars - borderline diabetes. So..... Hmmm. Joy! I'm hoping of I just give in and accept it I might be pleasantly surprised. Saw MW yesterday and my blood pressure was quite low so fingers crossed. These babies do weird things to our bodies! My hubby keeps saying he doesn't get how a slim, healthy 27 year old person can get so many problems!! I ended up nick naming DD parasite because of everything! Good job she's gorgeous. Hopefully your PPH won't make you high risk. I get the feeling they try to treat each pregnancy separately unless they need to make a big fuss. X
  • Options
    Hey smudgetake2, yeah the PPH was a bit grim. Didn't even know what it was until after I'd had the emergency surgery. I think you're right tho, will be low risk this time too. It was due to placenta being left inside so suppose my notes will stress that its checked properly. Was just annoyed that I'd asked if that amount of bleeding was normal after birth and was told yes, to then lose 2 ltrs in about 45mins.

Sounds like you had a time of it also. I hope you get an easy time this time. And fingers crossed it'll be easy to bring your blood sugar under control.

We do go thru so much for them! But as you say, it's a good job they're gorgeous. Xx
  • Options
    Bleurgh. I know a few ppl who have had PPH and it is horrible. You poor thing. Did you see a midwife councillor after your birth? To go through the notes?

I only just saw a midwife councillor and it was really helpful. I found out things I didn't know. My labour was very quick - 1hr 50 mins from start to finish. I had meconium in my waters and my dd's heartbeat dropped from 140 something to 32. It was like OBEM - the midwife pushed the panic button and everyone rushed in! My dd had the chord wrapped around her neck, her arm stuck up and wasn't coping with the fast contractions. So I had an episiotomy and ventouse. Sadly turned into a bad 3rd degree tear. To be honest it was all a blur. I was most upset that after just having gas and air as there wasn't time for anything else I had to have a spinal block and spend 2 hours in surgery having my innards put back together! Missed my dd being weighed, phone calls to everyone and all those things. Not to mention horrible catheter, drip and 6 months of recovery!! All worth it though. I'm guessing your birth was probably similar with a PPH - did you get whisked away? Must have been very frightening. How did they not know that the placenta wasn't whole? Is it a one off or something that is more likely if youve had it before? Hopefully just down to people not checking thoroughly.
  • Options
    Jeez! You had a horrific time too. I remember watching that OBEM where the baby got stuck, how frightening! I'm glad it helped talking it thru with the midwife counsellor.

I didn't speak to one, and didn't realise I could've either. Just brief explanation of what had happened from the surgeons. My labour and birth were actually great and everything I wanted. I did have an episiotomy also as he was coming out with his hand and elbow up by his face. After that we thought all was well, had a shower (that's when I asked about the bleeding), walked from del suite to ward. Then went thru 2 sets of clothes along with bedding and had an awful pain in my back. Buzzed for pain killers by the time the mw arrived I could move with pain, she saw blood and the next thing there were 13 medics of some description round the bed. Next thing I knew we were in what I think was a pre-op room (just really bright lights in my face) with my hubs in the corner sobbing cos he wasn't allowed near me. Meanwhile someone was elbow deep in me bursting the stitches that had just been put in scooping out all the clots etc. then eventually taken to theatre to try and sign a consent form for a hysterectomy if required.

Following that wasn't able to hold my new baby for about 24 hours cos of all the leads etc etc being in HDU. was there for 2 days then the normal ward for 2 days. But yeah catheter for me also. I still personally think my placenta wasn't checked properly, but I could be wrong. But will def try and discuss it with the mw.

Sounds like we both had an awful time first time! Xx
  • Options
    Eugh. Yes. The whole up to the elbow thing is really unpleasant. They are really quite rough about it too. I also had to sign a consent form but had no idea what was going on so the surgeon held my hand to do it...hmmm.

Ask if you can see a midwife councillor they are specially trained midwives who go through your notes and talk to you about what happened, why and what might happen next time. If you can't see one you have a right to a copy of your full notes. Some places make you pay about ??40 for them but might be worth it. There is so much more than on the bits of paper you get after the birth. They even right down things you said (not that I remember saying them!) Might be worth a look to check what they think happened & why.

Gosh I really hope you have a better experience this time. Sounds like you deserve a nice simple birth!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the info. I really appreciate it. I'll def take that knowledge to my booking appt.

Well here's to 2 nice and simple pregnancy and births for both of us. The first ones were hard enough!! Xx