Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding :(

I had quite a big bleed last night that was bright red and by this morning it had changed to darker red / brown but with one large clot.  I managed to get into the EPU today and got an internal scan.  She saw the baby's heart beat, and also where the bleed was, and said that they are quite common.  She said I was showing a few days behind what I think, but only because it was the 1st cycle since my last baby was born (neo natal death at 28w) and it was more than likely because my cycles werent back to normal. The thing I'm worried about is that she said I should expect to bleed for a few more days, but that it should be a more brown /darker colour - but I've just been to the toilet, and although its not the bright bright red from last night, it's more a burgundy colour and was dripping from me (sorry for the tmi) - I'm just so nervous for obvious reasons. Has anyone experienced a bleed like this - am I just reading too much into it, and this is what she meant.   I'm trying to be calm, but it's so hard AM x

Replies

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't have any experience but didn't want to read and run. I'm so sorry you've got this worry on top of everything else you've had to cope with recently and have everything crossed for you that you have a fighter on your hands. Let us know how you are getting on, Jo x
  • Options

thanks Jo - managed to speak to my bereavement midwife and she's said that if its still bad in the morning, that she'll get me back in to get another scan.  Fingers crossed that is not the case, but at least she's made me feel a bit more at ease that i'll see someone if I need to.

she said it does sound pretty normal, but obviously if it gets bright red blood with pain that I should go to A&E.  Again, hopefully that wont be the case, but lets see what the morning brings.

x

• Options
    Hi flee

I had a bleed @6weeks and went for a scan and all was ok.....then @8weeks I lost so much blood it soaked through my clothes. I had another scan and they found a bleed on my gestation sac and was told to have complete rest.....bleeding stopped around week 13/14.

It was a horrible time and everyday I had convince myself I was having another mc.

But here I am week 18 and all is fine.

Keep on having regular scans, stay off work and keep your feet up, I wont tell you not to worry as its so easily said and so hard to do.

Sending you a big hug xxxxxxx
  • Options
    How are you this morning Flee? X
  • Options

Sandybaby - thank you so much for your words. And BettyBaby, thank you for asking.

I had another major bleed last night through the night and soaked a pad right through - and when I went to the toilet quite a lot filled the water too (sorry for the tmi) - my bereavement midwife called and she spoke to the EPU and they confirmed that they fully expected me to have such heavy bleeding for the next few days, given what she saw in the scan yesterday. My Dr called me too, and has told me to stay off work this week and rest up, so I'm on the sofa with my diary cleared. They have said that if I'm still bleeding in a weeks time, to get another scan at EPU and take it from there.

I just hate the waiting game. And I also feel bad about my work. I'm not long back (start of Nov) after losing my little boy, and now I'm off again and this is just the very beginning, of what I hope is a full term pregnancy and off work already.

I'm glad that my Dr and my BMW are being pro-active rather than me chasing them, that's one less thing for me to stress about.

I am now on the sofa with a wee blanket, watching cr@p day time TV, trying not to go crazy......I wonder how long I'll be off work for.....might need to start reading more books to keep my brain functioning!

take care all

Ann-Marie xxx

• Options

So sorry to hear that you are having a rough time of it Flee. I am sure that with lots of rest the bleeding will ease up. It sounds like you have a lot of good people around you!

xx

• Options
    Gosh - so sorry you are having to go through this. I really hope everything is ok and that bean hangs in there. Keep your feet up and take care of yourself.
  • Options

thank you lovely ladies image x

• Options
    Flee....I was off for 12weeks!

I was on constant pad patrol, going to the loo every hour making sure my bleeding didn't get any worse.....it is so stressful.

It's good to know you have the support from your Dr and mw, it will give you peace of mind to have regular scans.

I remember feeling this is so unnatural to be bleeding and be pregnant and just fearing the worst everyday.

I was off Aug due to my mc them off again oct-dec, but work have been great.

Keep off your feet, get as much rest as you can. Xxxx
  • Options

wow - 12 weeks.....that's a frightening prospect.  I've just been back up to loo and still bleeding - it's just so frightening - when you think it's easing off, it suddenly gets heavy again (still filling the loo with blood this time round) - it was very very light yesterday, and the only time I got any on pad was in bed - around about 5am this morning.  My tummy also hurts a bit today - just thinking the worst every time I go to the loo.  I think I might text my MW and let her know how I'm feeling as I really don't want to be stressing if it's alright feeling like I do. 

I'm really taking it easy - the most I've done is made some food, and I put 1 load of washing on all day - apart from going to the toilet, that' the only time I've bee off my sofa every day.

I wonder if I'll get signed off longer than this week.  I've to get another scan on Monday and see how the little bean is doing. It seems so far away image

• Options

Oh sweetheart, what a tought thing to be going through!  I thought I had it bad and I am just spotting.

Thinking of you hun, I hope it all stops very soon x

• Options
    Hon, you sound like your bring so brave and the stress is very normal. I cant imagine what you are going through after the loss of yor son. Life is very unfair. I had an ectopic and had a lot of cramping and bleeding, I knew deep down it wasn't good news. With my son, I had a day of very very heavy bleeding, I automatically assumed the worse but after a couple of days it stopped and a scan showed a heartbeat. It was to do with a low placenta and I continued to bleed on and off until he was born. I don't want to offer false hope but I truly hope you have a successful pregnancy. Good luck and you mustn't worry about work, get those feet up and look after yourself.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear that you're having a stressful time! It sounds like you have a heamatoma which is what I had with my dd. I bled at 6 weeks, went for a scan and we saw the heartbeat. They told me that it would probably bleed out and I had bleeding for about a week. I put myself on bed rest and that seemed to help. Hopefully it eases off soon xx
  • Options

thanks girls - really appreciate you taking the time to send me your positive stories.  Bleeding seems to have calmed down over night - it almost stopped, and only had a little bit this morning so far (touch wood), so I'm hoping that the week off work is defo helping. I just hope that I don't go crazy before Monday comes round to get my next scan (better tell my work I'll be late in on Monday....I'll be popular!)

x

• Options
    Can't you just say you won't be in on Monday? Give yourself the day to have the scan and calm down? Don't rush back hun - I learnt from my last pg that you can bust a gut trying to cope with work and they'll still screw you over should the opportunity arise. Works work - they'll be fine without you and it would be better you were there fit and well. Super good news the bleeding is better hopefully it keeps improving. X
  • Options

thanks Smudgetake2 - I know they'll be fine, it's the girls that are covering me I feel bad for - we all cover each other when we're off on hols/ill as we're a close team.....always feel guilty with this kinda thing, guess that's cus I'm one of the good guys! I know they'll want me to be better before I go back in, its me that's the worrier!!

x

• Options

So pleased to hear bleeding has calmed down and have everything crossed all is ok at your scan on monday x x x

• Options

thank you wantingababy.......I am treating myself to Domino's because of this rubbish week, I think it's only fair!

• Options
    Definitely!!! Dominos is the ultimate miserable week treat!
  • Options

I'm glad that the bleeding has calmed,hopefully you'll have a healthy baby xximage