Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sharp stabbing pains in groin???

Sharp stabbing pains starting in groin shooting up into belly, have them every now and again, But i also started to spot after lifting some heavy(wet) laundry and had a sharp pain in my belly right after which then has spotting ( only when i wiped) but now ive got this constant dull shooting pain

really hope i havnt done any damage image Im nearly 12 weeks and had my scan so everything sould be ok right? chances of m/c are really low once youve seen a heartbeat from what ive hurd image

Trying really hard not to worry! xxx

Replies

• Options
    id ring your epu who will check you over. I've had stabbing pains but only just 12 weeks and scan is this week. chance of mc deffo goes down after seeing hb x
  • Options
    Hiya, I'm 26 weeks and am regularly getting sharp pains, it's most likely because your uterus and muscles are stretching, if it continues for prolonged periods of time I would seek medical advice. Strange aches and pains are all symptoms of pregnancy unfortunately!! Congratulations on the pregnancy image
  • Options

thanks, spoke to midwife and she said the baby is well protected and shouldnt be harmed and more likley to hurt myself.Only to worry if i have heavy bleeding, and that the shooting pains are normal....still hard to just forget about it tho....tempted to buy a doppler when i get paid, then i can put my mind at ease when ever i like!

• Options

i had those in the beginning of my pregnancy, it was if i moved to quickly or sneezed, they were really sharp and would take my breath away, its something called round ligament pain. its perfectly normal. and i have a doppler, i didnt buy it though, i rented it for £10 a month image its really gd

• Options

imageHiya,

I'm 10 weeks today and have been having pains like this since about 5.5 weeks, sometimes they are so sharp they make me gasp in pain but midwife has told me they are just round ligament pains and to take more care when moving around/bending/stretching etc and also if you are laying down and getting them when you sneeze or cough then to draw your legs up towards you and this really helps.

I had some bleeding at 8 weeks which started as spotting and then turned red and quite heavy and went for a scan a couple of days later and baby was fine image

• Options

well just found out my mums going to miss out hearing baby heartbeat as shes going on holiday- so think ill have to rent a doppler so she can have a listen image any recommendations?

• Options

Ooh i ordered one from Amazon yesterday, it was £30 and has the best reviews out of all the ones I saw on there, its due to arrive next Tuesday so can post a review of whether its any good, didnt see any sites for renting or anything image xx

• Options

does it come with gel? whats ment to be more expensive than the doppler lol 

• Options

I have the Angelsounds doppler and use bio oil, works well for me and i then rub the bio oil into my tummy after image x x