Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

16 week midwife appointment

Hi all, has anyone had their 16 week midwife appointment yet ?? I was just wondering did she try to hear the babies heart beat, or is it just more urine and blood samples ? Is there anything i need to ask her about on the vist ?

Replies

• Options

Ive got mine on 4th march, she told me last time that we'd be able to hear it so you should be able to image i cant wait!

• Options

Haven't been yet. Mine is on 7th March!! I know I'm having urine and bloods so will have to wait and see! xx

• Options

you felt any movements yet?? im convinced i keep feeling something!

• Options
    Hi girls, i have my appointment wed, so will let you know image

I dont think ive felt any movements yet, according to the pregnancy app i have on my phone it does say from around 16 weeks and even earlier if its not your first, i just dont know what to expect when i do start feelin movements, so excited though. I have started to get a bit of a bump, cos my belly button is starting to pop out a little, anyone eles starting to show ?
  • Options

I had mine today and the midwife & I listenened to the heart beat! she also did blood pressure.

• Options

I think I can feel it at certain times. But I have had 2 before.

• Options

had mine, was sooo nice being able to hear it! recorded it on my phone image she also cheaked my blood pressure, went through my blood results and had a feel of my tummy. Didnt weigh me tho...which suprised me. Got to wait 10 weeks till next appointment now tho image

• Options
    So whens everyone due their 20 week scan ?? And who's finding out ? the weeks seem to be taking ages.x

mines the 25th march, and ive decided not to find out x
  • Options

20 week scan 1st April, not finding out. We just prefer not knowing. image

Was great listening to 'sprout's' heartbeat today, I had my other children with me and they loved being able to hear it too!! image

It seems a long time to wait till next mw appt supersquish...I am to have mine on week 25. Don't want time to go too quickly as want to spend time catching up with a huge 'to do' list...no doubt I'll wait till the last minute!! xx

• Options
    Hi girls, its such a lovely moment being able to hear the babies heartbeat.

Hope you are both well, seems like its only us that are chatting at the moment o think everyone eles must be on facebook.

What due dates do you both have ? iam the 12th aug,

How many other children do you have-smilerkinners ?

How about you supersquish do you have any children alredy ?
  • Options

I am 22nd August. But...both my other 2 were late so was induced...the nightmare induction for first but just waters popped for second and then things really started moving!! 
    QueenAsanti 83 I have 2 children aged 14 and 9...big gaps although we have been trying for nearly the whole time inbetween except for one year after giving birth to allow the body a rest. Almost feel like a 1st time mum again and so much has changed out there which I find more intimidating. I have neg bloods whereas I just had the 1 anti-d injection after giving birth now I am supposed to have one at 28 weeks and also the whooping cough injection. Feel like a pin cushion!! image Hee hee!! image

• Options
    Oh well at least the other children can give you a help you with their new bro/sis with them being older.

Well its nice to chat to someone due around the same time, iam excited and nervous at the same time, just cant wait to have this 20 week scan so i can get myself organised with things iam going to need to buy image
  • Options

My 20 week scan is on 9th april i think, but not sure if ill ill be exsactly 20 weeks...cant be bothered working it out lol

Got no children this is our first image

Hows bumps coming along?

• Options

Bump is growing well thanks although there is not much there as I am overweight. Still feeling sick and have a crazy stitch today!! 

How's you guys doing? xx