Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Aug 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

It's coming round quickly now!

Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd say hello and see how everyone is doing!  I can't believe how quickly August is coming round.

Is everyone feeling prepared?  I seriously need to get organised, I haven't even looked at the baby stuff I have stashed in the garage yet.

Midwife told me the other day that baby is head down, which I kind of guessed due to feet getting stuck under my ribs!  Just hoping he doesn't decide to make an appearance before my scheduled c-section!

Replies

• Options

Scheduled c-section? Necessity? I am a little fearful my placenta won't move up and I'll have to have one but trying to keep positive!! image

I have everything ready that I need for the first few months. Got to change bedrooms and decorate though and that's a bit daunting. Other 2 came late so I am expecting this one late too, it may come early though, then I'll be in a panic!!image

My babas head was down 2 weeks ago and hoping it stays in that position, little wriggler! xx

• Options

Had my 31 week appt yesterday, baba still big so off for a growth scan Monday, baba will prob be small and I'll just have tons of fluid, the whole family loves swimming!!image On the plus side I get to see sprout again but hop it keeps its legs crossed!! Might need to not look at the screen! Going on my tod though as hubby can't get the time off.image

No more bloods to be taken...woohoo...never thought I'd hear that!image

I have loads to do and sooo little time (where's the time gone)? image

Hope all's well for all you others!! xx

• Options

Hi Smilerkinners

I've opted to have a c-section - was offered one as my last baby was an emergency section, and weighed 9lb 7oz (1st baby).  This one is looking big too, gulp!

Glad your 31 week appointment went well, it's good that you get a growth scan - I haven't been offered one, despite my belly measuring well above the top line on the graph.  How did your scan go?

You're lucky not having to have any more bloods!  I've got a Gestational Diabetes test on Monday, so two more lots of blood then... and probably more to come!

I've finally got myself organised (well sort of!) and starting washing all the baby clothes from DS1.  It's strange to see such little outfits around again!

I'm finishing work next week and really looking forward to it now - how about everyone else, are you still at work?

• Options

Hi Br2B, well, I had the GTT test ages ago (it feels like that anyway) and the last test was the iron one?? 

Scan went well, I was measuring 'normal' at 26 weeks and then the 28 weeks I measured over the scale and at 31 was still over scale so because I had a 'growth spurt' that's when they tend to check. If you've always measured over then maybe they won't/don't. My first was 9lb 5oz but she was very late so would probably have only been an 8lb if born on EDD. My son was also late but again would probably have been 8lb if arrived on time. Hoping this one comes before the induction date!!

I don't work (well, very small business) but I home-educate my children so am hoping to keep going with that until D-day. Then take our summer hols (6 weeks) which I am really looking forward to.image

Just need decorating doing before I feel like I can really relax and putting it off doesn't help, think next weekend is scheduled for upheaval! image

• Options

Hey girls, sorry ive been out of touch. we finaly have our own home!! yey I still have no internet so im using my mums while i dog sit for the weekend! So ill be 24 weeks on tuesday, baby has moved from head down to breech so hoping baby moves back before i go into labour! Im on maternity leave now, and just in time as ive developed sciatica so walking is difficult!

Feeling abit down today, i feel so heavy and dont feel attractive at all! I cant stand all the weight ive put on and im only going to put more on! and its all gone to my legs and bum image( so had a right good cry to myself...but still dont feel any better! anyone else feeling like this???

• Options

Hey Supersquish...have missed you and our chats.

I do feel huge but have only really put it on my belly, after losing so much weight before pregnancy putting it all back on again makes me feel very disappointed but thinking on the end result helps me not to get down over it. The weather is getting me down, I have such a short fuse. Don't touch me!! Grr!! image

My baba was breech too till mw checked me at 34 week check up. I get to do my birth plan this week as she is away on hols next week so one thing less to sort out. I have nearly all my stuff for hospital bag except nursing bras...waiting for the recommended 36 weeks!! Not long now...eek!!image

Half the people say I'm having a girl due to the way I'm carrying (all front) and the other half a boy (no, not a puppy or kitten...lol) I still have no inkling and am looking forward to my present at the end of labour! image

My hubby said I was beautiful this morning and I find that hard to believe!!! But he meant it and it meant a lot to me. 

Hope you're feeling happier soon...sending a virtual hug! image

Glad you have your new home, we're decorating at the moment and it's a nightmare!! But as long as it's completed by the time baba makes an appearance I'll be happy!!image xxxxx