Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

7 weeks preg scan showing 5 weeks

HIya all im new to this ive had 3 previous miscarriages all before 6 weeks pregnant and a ectopic only in december just gone i am now 7 weeks preg going from lmp had my scan today i have had no bleeding pain etc was just for peace of mind and it only shows im 5 weeks as we seen sac has anyone been 2 weeks behind on scans and then the baby has caught up to the dates im so trying to think postitve but its so hard ?????

Replies

• Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this. Could you have muddled your dates up? Have they booked you in for another scan? xx
  • Options
    Hi Kylie, when I was pregnant 2.5 years ago I went for my 12 week scan and was told baby was measuring barely 10 weeks. Was upset/worried it wasn't growing properly but was told I had most likely got my dates wrong and to go back for a repeat scan in 2 weeks time. I did this and then the baby was measuring spot on 12 weeks, at 20 weeks it was again dead on size wise and I went on to deliver a perfectly healthy baby boy weighing just under 7pounds at full term. He is now almost 2.

Hopefully you have got your dates wrong like I did. I have always had longer cycles (anything 34-42 days.) how long are your average cycles? This time my doctor has based my due date on my long cycles rather than the avg 28 day one which I feel happier with. I really hope it works out for you, are you having another scan?

Pink xx