Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Working mums

Hi is anyone else struggling to get into work, im 6 weeks n the nausea is soo bad that im not sure how long I will be able to keep it quiet at work for! When do you plan on telling work? X

Replies

• Options

im pretty lucky, i dont have morning sickness yet, only feel sick when hungry and when i smell certain smells lol, i plan on not telling mine as long as possible x

• Options
    I'm off today with my little boy as he's unwell but so glad of it as I feel absolutely dreadful. I've found since I hit 6 weeks the nausea has stepped up a level xx
  • Options
    I work but for myself and from home so I work the hours I choose to do. However, no work has been done in the past three weeks as I'm spending my sons nap time sleeping too, instead of getting the laptop out! I can't ever remember feeling this exhausted when I was pregnant with my son!
  • Options
    It's so weird how you forget isn't it as I was just thinking I don't remember feeling this bad so early last time! But the I guess last time we didn't have little people to look after too!x
  • Options
    I only suffer extreme tiredness at the moment. Have a sickly tummy sometimes but hoping it goes no further than that as my work would click straight away. I am 5 weeks today so it may get worse for me too.

I don't plan on telling my work until 12 weeks - if I can!
  • Options
    I have also got extreme tiredness, and starting to feel nauseous especially around certain smells. I am struggling a bit with working very long busy shifts (I'm a nurse) and looking after ds on my 'days off'. I think it is harder in a way when it's your second as like you said mafia princess you have someone else to look after who depends on you! I have been napping with my son also not that it has been helping much I'm still knackered..

As for telling work I am keeping quiet for as long as possible but it's really hard in the line of work that I do, for example looking after patients with certain infectious illnesses or going to MRI/X-ray with them I need to avoid but can't really do this without telling my nurse in charge the reason why.. Last time I had to tell people early for this reason and word spread very quickly, everyone knew long before my first scan. hoping I can be sneaky and avoid things I have managed it so far...
  • Options
    Know how you feel girls. I work three days Mon, tues and weds. Last night had to ask hubby to take over bathing ds as went all dizzy. Just think I was totally exhausted. Gonna try to nap with Lo today x
  • Options

Told my head of dept, and dept colleagues, because of risk assessment with a full class in a lab, In case I needed to leave!  but they are sworn to secrecy.  Felt I needed to say as I have been feeling exhausted and nauseous a lot.  Added to that I  had a student throwung up in my lesson first day back, I couldn't cope with the smell, my hod was awesome and smoothly enabled me to exit room while she dealt with it. Just trying to keep it hidden from my students as long as I can. think I may have to tell management after scan, so last day this half term. 

• Options

It's so hard keeping in a secret at work especially when you just feel dreadful.  I have an office job so can't imagine how hard it must be being on your feet all day for such long hours.

Yesterday I think I felt the worst I ever have and fainted when my little boy did an especially hideous nappy!  I had to sleep when he did.  Such a change when I was pregnant with him and just lay on teh sofa when I wasn't in work!

• Options

I work in my dad's business, alongside my brother and my sister!!! So hard keeping it quiet, as we don't want to tell anyone just yet...!!! Trying so hard to keep my green stickiness under wraps, and pretend I'm not exhausted... I think it's making e more exhausted!!! image Worst thing is, one day a week I have do ALOT of heavy unpacking and lifting... Can't tell them I shouldn't be doing it, and there's no one else to help... image I'm truly shattered after those days! No taking a ick day either... U have to be at deaths door in a family business !!! Can't wait to have all out in open, but want to get a bit more confident and further along as my little boy is three, and too sharp, so don't want to tell him, and hen the worst happens ... Aargh! I hate the first trimester!!!

• Options

Bardle family - sons on is 3 also and has been telling everyone that "mummy has had her head in a bowl being sick" every time we see someone. So no chance of me keeping it a secret! x

• Options

After weeks of feeling really sick I have just managed to actually puke! Luckily my kids were not in the car or they too would be telling everyone. I ended u telling someone in work as we had a chicken pox drama goin on but going to try to keep it quiet until 1st scan x