Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cravings... Already!!

So im 8 weeks pregnant and all I want is fizzy pop and pork pies with pickle on them. We never normally have fizzy pop in the house and pork pies with pickle well I didn't even know they exsisted before. When pregnant with my son whose now 4, I didn't crave anything untill at least 20 weeks! Does anyone else have cravings yet? Xx

Replies

• Options

Cream crackers and cheese! It's all I want to eat and it has been years since I had one! 

Are any of your usual foods turning your stomach? I loved my yoghurts before and the thought of eating one now makes me feel sick.  Also I am a real bread lover but can't stand the thought of that either (but I did projectile vomit my toast in the shower which is probably why!) x

• Options

I had an obsession with pickled onion monster muncI when I was pregnant with my son. Nothing has really kicked in yet because of the sickness. x

• Options

atm im eating pretty much everything, trousers are tighter, not sure if its my bum or my belly! lol or both xxx

• Options

i have a thing for boiled egg and tuna (small amount) sandwich (yes together) yuck but so yummmy.

• Options

I'm craving avocado so much, and mexican food and cake (but that one probably pre-dates the pregnancy!) last time round it was cheese and pickle sandwiches -what is it with pickle?!?. 

• Options

The only thing that seems to be making me feel sick at the moment is beans. can't think of anything else I've gone off but I'm sure there will be something in a few more weeks. Oh gosh the egg and tuna actually sounds appetising... With mayo? Lol tiger-pants blame it on pregnancy anyway it's the perfect excuse! I wish I had a healthy craving, with my son it was apples and apple juice. i can see me being the size of a small whale when I hit 40 weeks! Xx

• Options

Definitely no cravings I don't think, but the list of foods I go off keeps increasing. Thankfully the stuff I still like is fresh fruit and veg. But I know it isn't going to give me enough energy. Only managed 1/4 of a pizza last night because something on it was turning my stomach. 

At the moment pear drops seem to settle the nausea, but its hard to teach with a solid sweet in your mouthimage 

• Options

I have gone off pork , burgers and orange juice, the only thing I can drink is orange and mango squash, fizzy and hot chocolate! When pregnant last time I lived off orange juice so strange I've gone off it now!

As for cravings I keep wanting tomato soup with lots of bread and butter, and ice lollies! A lot of things taste different now, I was at McDonald's today (naughty I know! ) and took my drink back twice because it tasted flat and disgusting,  but then realised it was probably my taste buds and not the drink at all and the staff probably thought I was being really fussy! Lol x

• Options

The smell of meat cooking makes me want to vom! I was exactly same with my son. By the end of the pregnancy I was salivating over his bacon butties which was new given I've been a veggie for 23 years!x

• Options

I've gone off chicken which makes me sad.  I love chicken and I'm going to miss it! lol.  I've also gone off baked beans but thats fine, I rarely eat them anyway.

As for cravings, I would be more than happy to live on cheesy garlic bread and chewits! lol.  I won't let myself eat those too much though.  Why can't I crave something healthy?! haha. 

• Options

Cream cheese & onion Pringles, and pickled onions, last time it was onion bhajis, not gone off anything although I wished I'd go off anything from McDonald's as one has just opened up round the corner from me and its on the way home from the supermarket....and it's 24hours!! I used my pregnancy as an excuse to eat so much junk last time and put on tonnes of weight and I really wanna avoid that this time because I'm already overweight image