Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Strep B in early pregnancy

I've just had a call from my doctors surgery following the results of my urine test.  I've got Strep B and they're got some antibiotics waiting for me to collect.  I tried to ask the lady who called some questions but unfortunately, she was only a receptionist so she couldn't answer my questions.  I know that Strep B in later pregnancy can be risky in that it can pass to the baby during labour and to prevent this they put you on IV antibiotics.  What I'm wondering is can/will it pass to my baby while I'm 10 weeks or can it only pass during labour? 

Replies

• Options

Hi I believe it can only pass during labour but that doesnt happen everytime. In my last pg I had it (it can come n go) so just because u have it now doesnt mean u will when in labour I think they recommend another test later on but I never did that for some reason. I only managed one drip, u r meant to have 2 n everything was ok with baby x

• Options

Hi mcrfi, thanks for your response.  I think you must be right about it only passing during labour because I've been trying to google it with no luck! lol. 

I'm taking my course of anti-biotics and with any luck it won't come back image