Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was due in Dec 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Booking appointment

Hey I'm 9+2 and had my booking appt with midwife yesterday and it was basically just filling out paper work and taking bloods, she seemed nice enough but i don't see her again until week 16 and she didn't give me any info on anything pregnancy related, is this normal? I have a boy who'll be 5 in oct but I don't remember a lot about being pregnant and I told her I don't remember anything it was quite some time ago. Just wondering what your experiences were like. Xx

Replies

• Options

My experience was exactly the same but she gave me a list of foods and exercise to avoid And then booked me in for my 16 week check. Do you have your 12 week scan date yet or did she apply for it then for you? x

• Options

she asked if I know what I can't eat and I said all I remember is not to eat too much fish and to avoid peanuts and she said yea only two portions of fish a week and peanuts is an iffy one but didn't mention anything else about it so iv googled it And I am actually surprised as I don't remember not being able to eat certain things last time, maybe my diet wasn't as adventurous as it now because I used to live off sandwiches and oven food but still I'm shocked at the amount you have to avoid/check, I'm a lover of rare steak so I think i'll miss that most, oh and dippy eggs. I don't have a date for my 12 week scan yet she said I should receive a letter with an appointment from the hospital soon, so hopefully that won't be too long. Xx

• Options

Ive been eating dippy eggs....i read online there on aslong as they have the lion stamp on them and there not 'snotty'. I soo miss my rare steaks! will probably be one of the first things i eat when ive had my baby!

• Options

I had mine today too & it was a form filling exercise. I am consultant led as I had an emcs last time so will see them at 16 weeks.

Sb x

• Options

My midwife told me not to eat '99 ice creams as apparently the machinery isn't easy to clean and there is a risk of food poisoning! I told her I have already  shared one with my little boy at least 3 occasions during the brief period of nice weather!  And I ate Brie cheese and salami before I new I was pregnant which I said but she didn't seem concerned really! I have also been in contact with tb and chickenpox (I'm a nurse) but she wasn't worried about that either so guess it is just precautionary that they have to tell us? But yeh apart from that et just went through the questions in the green book and said will see you at 16 weeks! I got my scan date today 4th June can't wait think I will feel reassured then! X

• Options

Thanks for sharing your experiences ladies, can't wait until I get a scan date through I'm feeling rather anxious now. Ohh I've eaten cambert cheese it was cooked though so surely that would kill any bacteria right? I've also eaten ice cream too I've never heard/read you can't eat that before, the list keeps on getting longer lol xx