Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nail varnish remover

I just took all my nail varnish off hands and feet and was going to reapply then thought I would google it in pregnancy and am now wishing I hadn't.

I could smell the acetone (obviously) but washed it off with soap and water afterwards but am now really worried as I am so early on in my pregnancy.

Anyone else used remover and nail polish in the first trimester?

Thanks. image

6 weeks today.

Replies

• Options
    yeah I used nail varnish remover in early pregnancy, i wouldnt worry too much about it hun, and definitely step away from google x its ok to use things like bleach and to paint as long as you are in a well ventilated room so im sure a little bit of acetone will be fine x
  • Options
    I'm always doing my nails!!

I use acetone free nail varnish remover any way so use that.

Also open a window and air the room.

Def not stopping painting my nails! If you google what not to do whilst pg the list is endless! I would have to hibernate image

BB xx
  • Options
    I use it too. Am 34 weeks pregnant and baby is fine. Don't worry about it. Your baby will be fine I'm sure. I am having a section and the letter from the hospital insists all nail varnish needs to be removed. I am sure if it shouldnt be on in the first place they would tell us! x
  • Options
    This is something I never thought of..I'm in my 2nd trimester and do my nails all the time so use remover regularly.

To be honest I had to stop googling when I got my BFP I did it all the time and there's so much rubbish out there. Get yourself a really good pregnancy book and use that as your reference instead X