Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3D and 4D scans

I was just wondering how so many of you are having these scans done as my hospital dont do them.are they something you have to pay for or do your hospital do them routeinely.I have my scans at carlisle cumbria and I have only heard of people travelling all the way to Glasgow at a cost of ??200 to have one.

Replies

• Options
    Google it and some places will come up. You can even get them on ebay xxx
  • Options
    You have to pay privately. Well i am, if you type 3d/4d scan + your area in google with it should come up with the clinics near you. They are not all ??200, they can be ??95 or less depending on what package you want. Im going with babybond clinic & my package is ??145 & it includes a dvd, cd rom, small & large pics & 2 keyrings*

Have a look on ebay aswel, someone got a cheap deal the other week off ebay***
  • Options
    Haha, snap XsazzyjayX*
  • Options
    well you were more detailed than me! hahaha! xxx
  • Options
    Hi

I got mine off ebay it was at a place in Nottingham (bit far for you) but there were other places too, mine cost ??85 bargain!!

Vicki xx
  • Options
    Hi Vicki, what did you get with your package
  • Options
    Hi Tess

I got a dvd, a cd rom with about 40 pics on it and they printed off 6 pics of my choice, also they put a video clip on the web so you can send it to family and friends. Heres the link if you would like to see it.

http://www.kewego.co.uk/video/iLyROoaft3tF.html

Vicki xx
  • Options
    Hi Vicki, it is absolutely lovely!!! Very moving, but saying that i am an emotional wreck at the mo**
  • Options
    Hi Tess

Thanks, I keep watching it, I cant believe thats whats inside me, I cant wait to meet him/her.
    When do you go for your scan?

Vicki xx
  • Options
    In 18 days!!! yey*

Dont you know the sex???

How many weeks are you
  • Options
    It will soon be here. I only booked mine last thurs got a cancellation on saturday so didnt have long wait, im impatient lol. I wouldve liked to have found out but my o/h didnt want to so I have to wait until it comes out. Im 26+5, how far are you and are you going to find out what your having?

Vicki xx
  • Options
    I found out im having a boy, im 25 weeks today!
    You have less then 100 days to go, i cant wait to get to single figures nevermind double!!!
    The scan is clear, baby looks like a girl (in my humble opinion!!!)
    My o/h didnt want to know but i did so i made him leave the room so the sonographer could tell me. Im impatient too & i like to be prepared!! I have kept it a secret for nearly 2 weeks, even from all my friends & family. Well apart from my mummy!!!
  • Options
    I dont know how you have managed to keep it a secret, I would let it slip or buy something that gave it away lol. Your not that much different to me then date wise really nearly 2 weeks. Have you got any names picked out yet?
    Almost everyone thinks im having a girl, I think its a girl too but I honestly have no idea. Cant wait to find out when it finally decides to arrive.

Vicki xx
  • Options
    Hi Vicki,
    hope you don't mind i had a look at the video its lovely wish i'd had one now but i think it's too late for me to have one as he will be too big now, certainly feels it the way he's moving around in there!! my sister had one done at the prima baby show last year but the next baby show is on my due date so won't be able to go!! Em x
  • Options
    Well either way it will be a lovely suprise!
    Im buying things & hiding them so no one see's them, im finding it easier than i thought i would. I think cos i can share it with everyone on here its not so bad!
    I like Kaiden & De'jarn ('j' is pronounced 'sh'), Micheal is definately the second name after my dad. Im undecided about the names as i find boys names are so much hardr than girls!
    I liked Jaiden but found it was everywhere so Louise01 suggested Kaiden which i liked!
    I like Kai & Thomas & Luke aswel
  • Options
    Hi

No of course I dont mind, anyone is welcome to have a look at it. How many weeks are you now? They say the best time is between 25-28 weeks but they go up to 34 weeks. It was such a great experience, I would recommend it to anyone to have it done.

Vicki xx
  • Options
    Hi Tess

I agree boys names are much harder to choose than girls, I like Kaiden thats really nice, the others are too. Its such a hard decision. We have only got 1 name picked for each, we like Tyler for a boy and Callie for a girl. I keep looking in the books but think we will stick with those.
    Its not so bad if you can buy stuff and hide it, I suppose if you can come on here and say it makes it easier you wont spurt it out to someone else. Maybe I shouldve found out, oh well too late now got no more scans coming up :\( will have to wait now lol.

Vicki
  • Options
    Hi thats a great scan im planning on having one there is a place near me they r doing them for ??140 i think thats quite good,on names we have decided on Lexie for a girl and Kyle for a boy we are going to find out what we are having cant wait! im only 13+2 so a while to go yet.
  • Options
    i had mine done at a place called my ultra baby at 26 weeks! we got a 20 minute dvd, 3 colour prints, 2 black and white prints, cd rom with images, fridge magnet and a keyring! it was amazing cost us 200 pounds but worth every penny xx image
  • Options
    Hi Kat2007 - they do the scans at Babybond in Newcastle and also at the RVI in Newcastle which sounds like it should be a lot closer for you. I'm having mine a week opn Thursday at the RVI - cant wait! Jo x