Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello I'm new & TTC, AF today :-(

Hello I'm a newbie! 

We're TTC, husband is away on work till August, we tried before he went on day 9, 10, 11, & 12 of cycle (irregular but average of 31 days for cycle).  I had convinced myself that we would one of the lucky ones who got pregnant first time, but today I came on image  Am so gutted!  Now have to wait till August till he is home.  Guess I felt naive that it would happen straight away.  I'm 26, am pretty healthy and exercise everyday, was on the pill from age 17-24 on with a couple of yrs break mid way through.  Hubby is extremely healthy and fit too.  I'm worried about fertility, you hear all the things on the news, so many of our friends have had problems/or cannot conceive, I'm just scared we wont get our own chance.

I had such bad swollen breasts for 2 weeks before I came on, felt so tired, so much more than usually, I guess I just felt maybe we had conceived, but am now so gutted!  How long does it usually take? Feel so down, wanna eat loads of chocolate (and don't usually like chocolate!), image

x x

Replies

• Options
    dont eat all the chocolate i want some hi im ceri in northants your in the right place everyone will soon cheer you up x sending you a big hug xxx
  • Options
    Hi, its different for everyone but for me it took 3 years lots of tests and an op and then i did it naturally a month before my app for ivf!! Sending you lots of luck and welcome to pp. You'll love it here x x
  • Options
    Thanks very much to both of you!  Looking forward to getting to know everyone.  I refrained from the chocolate (so far!) but have just got back from a cafe where I had a huge slice of toffee cream cake!!  Thanks again for ur replies I feel more positive now, and cant wait till hubby comes home!! x x
  • Options

Hiya and welcome to PP!!!

I'm Dawn, mummy to Cameron who's 15 months!!

Good luck TTC, sending you lots af baby dust image

• Options

Hi Cherry

Sorry to hear you were no lucky this time but try to stay happy and sure it will happen in time.

Loadsa baby dust to ya.

Im Emma mum to Riley 3 1/2.

• Options

hi am jade ttc for 2and a half years now at the moment iam have fertility tretment  

one thing i will say is i think you were a bit earily if you have a 31 day cycle you should try having s** on the 14 15 16 17 i would say as i only have a 21 day cycle and i tend to ovulate on day 8 9 10

hope to caht soon jadeimage

• Options

Hi there, I'm Marie and mum to Jake 2yrs and 9 months and 14 wks pregnant. 

I'm sorry it didn't work for you this month.  Try not to think about it too much, easy said than done I know! It took around 4 months the first time and 10 months the second time.

Sending lots of baby dust.  xxxx

• Options

Hi Cherry,

I'm Sarah - welcome to PP - I'm currently ttc#1 and this is my 6th month of trying.

I know what you mean about the TTC fears of fertility etc - I'm 26 and my hubby is 29 and I like to think we're quite healthy - neither of us smoke etc but cant help those fears that maybe we're one of those couples that cant have kids but I push them to one side as negative thoughts just dont help anyone.

If you need to chat you can send me a msg xx

• Options

Hi Cherry

Welcome to PP. I too was worried about not concieving as I was told that I would need fertility treatment and probably IVF to concieve. I was 31 when we started trying and you will probably hate me as I am one of those who caught the first time of trying! The odds were really stacked against us as my fiance is only home 25% of the year as he's in the navy.

I just wanted to say that there is always hope! My plan was to try for a year and then see the doc for help. I really believed that I had little or no chance of conceiving naturally. I think this helped us to concieve as we were completely relaxed about the whole thing,

I was amazed when I fell pregnant with baby number 2 as again I just thought Bronwyn was a miracle conception!!!! Those flipping docs obviously have no idea!!!!

Good luck trying to conceive!! Sending baby dust your way!!!  image

• Options

Hi Cherry

I'm Cheryl and ttc our first. This is our second month of trying and I know how you feel I hoped against hope that I may be one of the lucky ones who fell pregnant first time trying even though I knew that wouldn't happen. I also worry about fertility as both my and my husband hit 30 this year, if you need to chat anytime send me a message.

Cheryl x

• Options

I just want to say thanks to you all for all the kind words, I feel so much better now and optimistic about hubby's return!  I know we tried early in the cycle, the last day being day 12, but that was the day he left to go back to the falklands (he's in the british forces), so we thought we'd give it a go and see if anything happened!  I guess it wasn't to be this month, it's just annoying we have to wait till August now till he comes home!! 

Even worse than that is that I haven't drunk at all while TTC, and last night I thought "well I'll have a cheeky rum and pinapple cocktail" seeing as I'm not, and it hit me so hard having not had any alcohol for a month, and this morning have an awful headache! Oh dear!  Well I'm not a big drinker anyway (though I do like a nice glass of wine on a weekend) so not drinking was fine for me, but it sure hit me quicker than usual last night!  Think I'll be binning the rest of the rum or giving it to a friend hahaha! 

Thanks so much for all your supportive words!  Baby dust to you all to! x x x x 

• Options
    Haha, cheers Melanie!  Well I don't want a drink tonight that's for sure, still feel pretty queasy!  But I wont deny myself the odd glass of wine (till I'm preg of course!)  x x
  • Options

Hi Cherry..

My advise is stop trying to hard.. eat as much chocolate as you like and try and relax.. you won't be able to relax once you have a baby you know... lol

xx

• Options

Cherry the odd drink wont hurt and like mel said most are concievd in blind drunkness.

Even while preggers i had the odd alco pop as i didnt find out till i was 3mths gone,no harm done and also gave up smoking,have been smoke free for 4yrs now.

• Options
    Hi Cherry,
    My name is Pauline. I am 31 and have two children, Bethany age'd 9 and Rowen age'd 7. I am ttc number three. I have been trying on and off for a yr, trying hard sice Feb. They say it takes the average couple 6 months to conceive. After having you know what, try putting a pillow under your bottom and your legs in the air for as long as you can as this can help his sperm reach their destination. Sending you baby dust.
    Pauline x
  • Options

Thanks everyone!  He comes home in 4 weeks now, maybe even 3 so I am counting down the days till we can try again! x x

• Options

Hehe Cherry - good luck for August! image

Its so frustrating when AF arrives - grrrr this will be our 7th Month but I've now decided that I'm just gonna see what happens as things will happen when there meant too image

• Options

Sarah you need to relax!!!

Maybe i need to worry about concieving and it will act as a contraceptive!!!! image

• Options

hehe I am I am imageimageimageimageimage

Promise xx

• Options
    Hi - good luck to everyone still TTC like me too!

It is so disappointing to get AF. We've been TTC since feb but if you've read my post below this one, you'll see why it's been so hard! Hubby moves home this weekend so can't wait! Having blood tests tomorrow to see if it is something hormonal wrong with me too though, so we'll see what comes of that. She did say that the more you think and stress about it, the less likely it will be to happen! The moment you take that new job or are in the middle of moving house, that's when it'll happen! Try one of those!!

Every month I do a pregnancy test just to make sure - even though I have 16 days periods every 10 days! I'm convinced at that moment that I'm bleeding because I'm preggers!! Crazy how our brains work!

Baby dust to you and us all!