Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Coming off Cerezette

Hi

I am new to this site and I have seen some very useful tips and information. I was just wondering if you could help me on something...

Having recently got married (Sept 07) myself and my hubbie are hoping to have a baby in the next year or two. I have been taking Cerezette for 5 years with no breaks at all and before that taking Microgynon. I was thinking of coming off my pill when my packet finishes, which is in a week and a bit and I was thinking of going to my GP before coming off, but not sure. What do you guys advise?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Replies

• Options
    Hi Charlotte!!

Welcome to the site!! I stopped taking cerazette 20 days ago, only took it for 2 weeks but was using the implant before which is the same hormone. Used Microgynon before that too image

Not had any sign of a period yet but having lots of symptoms which is confusing me loads. You might see a post i wrote earlier about my turmoil!! hahah!!! but you will also see how supportive and great everyone on this site is!!!

I didn't go to GP, just came off mid packet when we decided to try!! But it's nice having someone who has had similar contraception as me!! If you ware willing to wait then you should wait till the end of your pack but if like me you want to conceive asap, i would would stop sooner rather than later!

Good luck ttc and feel free to ask any q's!!

Steph
    xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Charlotte

I stopped taking Cerazette on 30th Dec as i'm TTC 2nd baby. AF arrived 3rd Jan. My cycle is a complete mess as since i had my 5 month old i seem to have had AF visiting me most of the time, i'd get a couple of days break then she's back again!

When i was TTC my little boy i came off cerazette at the end of july 2006, AF arrived beginning of Sep 06, 26 day cycle then AF arrived again, then i fell pregnant on the next cycle, so fell on 3rd month!. I had been taking cerazette for about 4/5 years before TTC my lo. I didnt see my GP before coming off my pill. Hope this helps

xx