Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Omg, help needed!!!

Hi all as you know we are trying for our third, and i only have cyles that are 24 days long well today is day 24 and done a test that i brought from the ?? shop as we were unable to bd on good days so were sure nothing was going to happen but i got the faintest of lines today and dont know what to think. I will see how today goes and dont wanna get my hopes up.

Just want to know if anyone has used these cheap tests and the outcome.

Feeling quite scared now. Also was nearly sick on train today but thought it was motion sickness as was standing.

Any advice appreciated

xxx

Replies

• Options
    First test I did with my first was so faint you could hardly see it. I kept looking back at it and only in certain positions could you see the dot. I waited til the next day and did another test, which of course, was positive!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    My first three had a faint line it was only when I bought the digital with words did I truly believe it. Can you nipp to chemist and buy another test? Good luck it's such an exciting and worrying time ttc it seems like a lifetime ago I got my +ives....Lisa 40+2 weeks
  • Options
    Hi there, I have used the cheap tests in the past aswell, and to be honest... a line is a line, no matter how cheap or expencive the test is!!!
    I had very very faint dots/lines with past pregnancies, with cheap tests and proper ones. This time I bought a clear blue 4 day early test from Tesco, and it was a strong + sign.
    So if you want to test again, then by a bit more expencive one if it makes you believe it more hun... but like I say... a line is a line, faint or strong... so sounds to me like excellent news.... congratulations hun
    caz xx 18+4 with 3rd.
  • Options
    Hi, thanks for replies i am tempted to go buy a digital, i got one cheapie test left and may leave it til the morning and then see. Hubby is away til thursday to so if af stays away i might get him to bring one home and do it with him and preend i didnt do the others for a suprise. I am in shock if i am as we had sex no where near when i was meant to ov. Even though my youngest is only a year old i have still forgotten all the symptons i had with her to compare!

xx
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about not having sex around the time of ov, the month we concieved we had some very early on in cycle, nothing through the supposed peak time and a little more at the end, like they say it only takes the once!! Good luck and well done resisting testing again I was obsessed with re-testing like a spoilt child!
  • Options
    lol i want to be a spoilt child and test again but it means dragging the kids back out! I also want to be strong and wait for hubby on thursday as he has never been here when i have tested so would like him to share it but saying that i might still test and hide it till thursday and do another with him! I must admit i feel extremely sick but i put it down to me having the flu for the past 4 weeks too!! I sound like a picture of health!! lol!! Just hoping now that i havnt got my hopes up for nothing but it was definately a line so at the moment i am smilimg
    xx
  • Options
    Wow congrats hun!! sounds like a BFP to me!! The first test I did was sooooooo faint!! Barely visable, then I did two more the nxt day and they were both much clearer!! Fingers crossed I'll be seeing you in the July forum then!! Keep us posted!! Sarah x x x
  • Options
    Hi all, thanks for the replies. I am starting to feel more positive as the horrible sicky feeling has been her all day and keep needing a wee. A line is a line and your right that it doesnt matter if it is a cheap one or an expensive one i just got worried as buying them for a ?? you get a bit worried, lol.

Going to test again on thursday when hubby is here if i can be good but definately feeling it now but it definate shock.

Thanks all again xx
  • Options
    I have not even mentioned it to him yet where he has had a lot on at work last few days so dont want him worrying about us at home. He has ocd and can be very panicky and where he has bnever been here when i did it for my other pregnancies i would like to do it with him. I am thinking i am though and hopefully it will just confirm it. Knowing ,me i will go out and get one in the morning!! lol!!

xx
  • Options
    thanks gem that is soo reassuring it was 3 for a ?? ones one was broken so wasnt sure how they were but will do the other in the morning i think. Looks like i may be pg then roll on july!! xx
  • Options
    Ooh, exciting! Let us know the outcome when you re-test - but as the others are saying, a line's a line....