Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

feeling down

had a positive but faint line yesterday and completely negative today. any ideas?

Replies

• Options
    Did you test the second time with first pee of the day? Might be that the hormones are so low still, that if you'd drank more than usual or been for a pee recently before taking the second test, it came back negative even though you are pregnant. There is also a thing called a chemical pregnancy where the egg is fetilised but doesn't fully implant so can cause initial positive test that then turn to negative ones because the pregnancy didn't fully start (if that makes sense?? Might be more complicated than that so you could google it) I'd wait a day or two again before testing. False positives are very rare so fingers crossed you are pregnant. Good luck xxx
  • Options
    Sorry if that was a bit blunt. I am very tired! I do really feel for you. TTC is so stressful and getting mixed messages from tests must be so confusing. If you get another negative maybe you should go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest. I hope you are okay? xxx (((((0)))))
  • Options
    Sorry if that was a bit blunt. I am very tired! I do really feel for you. TTC is so stressful and getting mixed messages from tests must be so confusing. If you get another negative maybe you should go and see your doctor to put your mind at rest. I hope you are okay? xxx (((((0)))))