Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to fall pregnant....harder than it seems!

Hey everybody
im new at all this kinda stuff.well a month ago me and my partner decided to try for a baby...so far no luck its really harder than i thought it would be,i see all these other woman and young girls falling pregnant like it the new fashion but me well it aint happening.
Is there ne one that can maybe give me advice or ne thing, my monthly is really irregular so i have no idea when im ovulating etc....plezz ne one help:\?:cry:

Replies

• Options
    i have been using o/v sticks but i got them off ebay and have been told they are rubbish so might try clearblue next month all i can suggest is look out for the signs of ovulation its about 14 days after period and good luck love anita x x x
  • Options
    Hi Sunny1223- I felt like this back in February. Had been trying since a m/c back in September. So I decided to change my focus and look for a new job. I felt that working where I did was holding me back. As soon as I took my eye off the ball, things began to change. I got the new job, I also sold my house, I also bought a new house and I also found out I was pregnant. All in the space of two weeks. I hadn't given up, just changed my focus and was feeling a lot better in myself. Hope this helps image Good luck!
  • Options
    Hi sunny, welcome to the boards. There are some fantastic girls on here who are all very supportive of each other and i really feel like i belong to a cyber family image Getting pregnant is such a lottery and not the "piece of cake" that everyone assumes it is. We spend so much time trying not to get pregnant and then it seems like we cant get pregnant when we want to image You will probably get so much good advice but the best advice is to count the days to when the average lady ovulates. The first day of your period is day one. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, you are more likely to ovulate around day 14. To maximise your chances, give your oh the best time from days 11 to 17 which should hit the right day. Some people try the "sex every other day" method throughout the month and that can work well as you are likely to hit the right time. One word of caution, women dnt ovulate every month so dont be dispondent if your period arrives (or af as it is referred to on here). Even the most fertile of couples can take qite a few months to hit the jackpot. So my advice is to relax as much as you can, really enjoy the fun of trying so it stays natural and doesnt become like a chore or a goal! Wishing you and your oh the very best of luck and we are all here in the same boat so come and have a chat, rant, moan, laugh or whatever with this wonderful bunch of girls. Take good care, lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi we are in our first month of ttc too. Have picked up more info on here than anywhere else - its lovely to hear other people with the same niggles and questions, makes me feel like its more of an adventure!
  • Options
    hi there me and hubby hv been ttc 5 months also with no luck. Try ovulation sticks. Im also trying the clearblue fertility monitor and keepinf fingers crossed tht it wks this is first month of trying with tht. But ov sticks ive heard are good.