Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Oh no! what have I done!!

Hi girls, feeling a little crappy right now cause being the clumsiest person on earth, I have just fallen down the stairs:x and the second I hit the bottom I instantly thought it aint happenin now- had my ov (bd) days on 26th and 27th and had a god feeling about it, but it's useless now, can't believe it:cry: amy x

Replies

• Options
    Hi Amy. Sorry to hear about your fall, hope you are ok. Please dont worry though if you are pg, it wont necessarily mean that you have damaged anything inside. Luckily, our bodies are very resilient and look after themselves in time of pain and stress. Try and relax as much as possible and dont let it get to you. Best of luck hun, let us know how you are feeling. lots of love, bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks Bluebird, I really hope thats the case and I haven't gone and spoilt it for myself this month. DH was more worried I'd hurt my leg or something! Don't care about my bloody leg! Trying to relax, Russel Brand is on the telly so I'm trying to laugh it off, but still a little worried. amy x
  • Options
    Your welcome Amy. You are bound to be a bit worried. Curly up and watching tv is a very good idea, even better with a nice cup of tea! If you think about it, women survive all sorts of things when they are pregnant like car crashes and things so dont worry. Also, if your af does arrive, it certainly doesnt mean that its because of the fall, very unlikely if i am honest so you mustn't beat yourself up over it. Keep smiling, it makes other people wonder what you're up to!!!! lol. Take good care of yourself, love bluebird xxxx
  • Options
    Hi Amy,

It's the first time I've posted here, I normally just lurk but I wanted to reassure you.

When I was 12 weeks preganat I had a really bad fall down the stairs...naked (don't ask)...Soon as I hit the bottom I thought, that's it, I've lost the baby, I had friction burns all over, hurt my back, neck and shoulder...I was so upset and angry with myself...hubby raced me to the hospital and the first thing they did was a scan and there was jellybean doing loop the loop completely unfazed...

Babies are really tough little buggers and are well protected inside us, try not to worry to much, although I know thats easier said than done!!!

• Options
    Thankyou for the good advice Bluebird I will try and take it easy and hope for the best. That's really reassuring purplebabes, how many weeks are you now? amy x
  • Options
    That happened with my daughter who's now 4. I'm currently 7+6 but I have had 2 m/c in the last 10 months so you could say I'm a tad stressed at the mom!!!

I'm distracting myself by watching brad pitt and working my way through a pack of ginger nut biscuits, he he he...

Bluebird has some good advice, especially the point that if AF does arrive it will NOT be because you fell down the stairs...

Good luck for this month and I hope you get the BFP you deserve...

• Options
    Thanks for putting me straight on your situation purplebabes, I'm a bit clueless some times!! Hope this pregnancy goes perfectly for you. I'm sure Brad Pitt would do the trick, I think he's great in Meet Joe Black-love that film! Are you craving ginger nut's? My craving during my first pregnancy was cheese, got pretty fat for it too (put on three stone) I'm feeling better today and just thinking if it doesn't happen this month I shouldn't blame myself-it was an accident and could of been far worse if I was heavily pregnant instead of just trying! Still you never know...could turn out to be a happy month but got about 9 more days before I'll know for sure. Amy x
  • Options
    Good luck Amy image I am sure the fall won't have affected your chances this month. Fingers crossed it'll be a BFP in 9 days xxx