Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How long have you been TTC??

Morning

I know im going to sound impatient, but ive only been ttc for 1 month. Im on day 32, been having af signs now for 2 days but only at night (bit strange). Last 2 periods have been 31 day cycles but last 3 have been on the 26 of the month, so not totally sure what my cycle is yet. So im either 1 day late image or af should come today! :\(

Anyway, I think i was kidding myself if i thought this would happen on 1st month. But dont know how i'll cope if it takes longer. Cnt help but feel disappointed that af on its way, and how am i gonna feel when it actually comes? We're trying for our 1st baby, ive been soooooo broody now for 2 years.

Do any of you have any advise on how to cope? :roll::roll:

Replies

• Options
    Hi baby tigger

Im on month 8 i think the disappointment gets easier each month if that makes any sense?? As louisaw said try to relax and have fun trying.

Jen xx
  • Options
    We're on month 3.... fingers crossed - im currently waiting for 2 week wait but also bding, praying for ov/fertislisation -everything really.

First month was manic - thought we'd do it and was completley stooopid to the whole process now at month three feel relaxed and starting to enjoy bding even if we are too tired!

xxxx
  • Options
    On month 7. To be honest - it becomes easier as I find that towards the end of each cycle I just mentally prepare myself for my AF and BFN. So when (hopefully) my BFP comes I will be sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs WBxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I think this is what happens - eventually...

we have a poas obession and the reality kicks in - i too, think maybe a/f WILL make an apperance but deep down am holding out for BFP - if a/f arrives i'll be a little gutted but think - come on month 4! im ready and waiting....

The closer the days get to a/f due time or even pass im closer to knowing what is going on down there - cant wait to do my test though.

xxxx
  • Options
    Thanks for that girls! Nice to know your not alone! xx
  • Options
    Dont let what i am about to tell you put you off, we are on month 21 now!
    oh has worked away mon-fri since we got married in 05.
    i know i can get pregnant( had mc last december) and test at docs has been all fine, just our crap luck at not being in same place at the right time. Take it from me, IT WILL HAPPEN!!!! just try to be patient and keep bd a time for pleasure as well as making babies.
    Don't get me wrong i have my bad days where i want to cry (2 work colleagues -sp?- my sister, my best friend and now the student at my work have all had or having babies in the time i have been trying) and i am like the green eyed monster, but when i get a cuddle from all the lo's it just makes me more determined that I WILL GET PREGNANT (pma pma pma pma - read thread about BFPs for x-mas)
    Baby dust with baubles this time to everyone,
    love fiona
  • Options
    month 2.
    1 suggestion...have a break from us lot if you get too glued!! i just have and i feel less...obsessed ttc. lol

good luck
    baby dust.
  • Options
    Hi babytigger
    I feel a bit like Fiona. Took me 7 months to get BFP with my son who is four. I started TTC 2nd LO in august 06 but also had MC in march, so it has been another 8 months since then.
    Don't try to worry too much. everyone is different. It is hard at times, it will seem like everyone around you is pregnant and you see babies everywhere. But enjoy the bd, don't let it stress you out and those intimate times can really bring you closer to your OH.
    Good luck
    Lainer