Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do u think?

31 days since stopping the pill...

No signs at all of AF...

Many many signs of a pregnancy...

Tested 3 days ago got a BFN...

Any advice girlies?

Em x :\?

Replies

• Options
    Test again?? Im on second month since coming off the pill. First month i had 31 day cycle with loads of signs of pregnancy but then af arrived. Im now on CD 34 with no signs of preg or af and 3 BFNs. Hopefully you will be lucky but dont forget that the pill can send your body crazy. Good luck x x
  • Options
    hi there Em

Just hang in there, I had a 48 day wait for my 1st af after coming off the pill, and was sure I had symptons, but i think i confused them with non pill symptoms... It can take a while for the pill to get out of your system.. on a positive note I got pg on my second month..

Good luck

Wishing x
  • Options
    be patient! I came off pill in June and had 'normal' cycles and AFs but not until Oct and Nov and now nothing ...7 days late now and a BFN!...although am testing again in two days just to be sure...if I'm not PG god knows what's going on!
    Its different for everyone but stay positive! good luck! xx
  • Options
    hi im on day 38 i have started spotting but thats not normal for me try and be patient body plays tricks with you when off the pill i have been full of cold nearly 3 weeks think this is cause i came off pill and my body feeling really shit
    had BFN a week ago so think its just pill getin out of system

xxh
  • Options
    Hi i'm on day 3. After coming off the pill i had to wait 37 days for an af. Had loads of symptons that felt like pg symptons but none of them were. Then this month (month 2) i had to wait 40 days for af with no symptons whatsoever!! Our bodies just like to play tricks on us and coming of the pill really scews around with your body !
  • Options
    It seems most of you waited for first af between 30-45 days and since its only day 32, guess i'll have to grow some patience (as I have non at all).

Thanks x
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel because when I came off the pill I had ridiculous numbers of symptoms which I'd never had before - loads of spots on my jawline, sore nipples, strange dreams etc. and convinced myself I was pg at around 34 days. In the end I got my af after 52 days. It really messes with your body (and you head!) so my advice would be to give yourself a couple of cycles to calm it all down - if you get your bfp within that time then so much the better but you'll also learn the signs of ov and 'real' af signs which I certainly didn't get when I was on the pill. Hope you get your bfp soon x
  • Options
    my AF never came back after coming off the pill and month after month (for 5 months) i got BFN and then on the 6 month i went to the doctors cos i thought there was something wrong with me, i had been before then but the doctor said it can take 6-9 months for your normal cycle to return. Anyway when i went 6 months later, they tested just to see if i was preggers and i was!!! So i had conceived with no period 6 months after coming off the pill. My wee mannie is now 15 months old and i breast fed him for 11 months, so since July 2005 i've only had 3 periods, score!

So you could get pregnant before your first af, good luck!

xxx
  • Options
    oh just wanted to add, that since my periods came back after having my son they are back to being like clockwork.

Not sure when my next one will arrive since the mc last month but i think i was ov yesterday, cramping and egg white cm (oops nearly put a 'u' in the middle, hehe, that's how i always read it in my head!) sorry tmi! Me and the hubby did get jiggy, sorry baby dancing, 12:02am on the 1st and then again at 10pm, eek and then again on the 2nd........i did technically wait until January like i said i would...... *slaps herself on the hand*