Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

WTF-gutted *UPDATED*

well girls, this morning I did an ebay cheapie, the same one I got 2 pink lines on yesterday, and its a BFN.

Went to the chemist immediately, they had no first response so I got a Clearblue plus and can't see a blue cross, or if I can its in my imagination. This was done with the same sample urine as the ebay cheapie.

i am gutted and feel so stupid and let down. i thought you couldn't get false positives.

I still have the sore boobs, this is what I don't understand.

I am in a foul mood today because of it. Had planned a nice day in the sun with hubby, we have already argued at its not even 11am because I am so pissed off.

[Modified by: Posy on 25 July 2009 11:10:54 ]

[Modified by: Posy on 28 July 2009 15:18:57 ]

Replies

• Options
    oh no, so sorry hun. big hugs xxxx
  • Options
    posy I am sorry.

I didn't think that you could get false positive either?!?

If the clear blue was with the same sample as the ebay cheapy maybe you should test in a day or so.

Had you been up in the night to go to the loo at all?

Don't know what else to say. Sorry Hun

xx

[Modified by: Wif on July 25, 2009 11:14 AM]

• Options
    oh hunni im so sorry xxxx

you can get a chem pregnancy tho so maybe thats what it was,i hope im wrong and the test aswell tho xxx
  • Options
    I will test tomorrow again.

i just don't understand it, I feel the same as I did the last time i got BFP- sore, bigger boobs, tired, and big appetite. The test yesterday definitely had a pink line on it. I've still got it sitting beside my bed.

I hadn't been up at all Wif during the night.

I don't think I can cope with more disappointment. This will be the 2nd time I have got a BFP in 3 months only to have my hopes dashed. HB is worried that I am getting my hopes up so much and then left feeling so down and anxious. i feel like such a fool as I posted everywhere yesterday so excited. I think I will have to take a break from here if it turns out to be a cruel joke on me as I just get my hopes up too much and want to join people in the due in forums.
  • Options
    oh posy!!

im sure its not a false positive..leave it for a couple of days ,go out and have your lovely day with hubby and test again on monday hunny.

big hugs xxxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks clarehair, it means a lot to me to hear that.
  • Options
    Dont feel like a fool Posy, we would have all been exactly the same and no one is going to think that, try and enjoy the rest of your weekend hun, (easier sais than done - I know) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Is af late Posy? I agree you should try to relax, and test in a couple of days. I was sure it was your bfp too, so give it some more time. xx
  • Options
    Awww posy huni, im so sorry that your feeling sad and confused! I dont really know what to suggest accept to get a 1st response and test again with fmu tomorrow or sunday! Im keeping everything crossed for you, (((((big hug))))) xxxxx
  • Options
    Sending a big hug!
    H.xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies

mithical, I'm only 11dpo so I know I should have waited a bit.

I have done a FR with the same sample of urine and it is negative too. Thats ??20 I have spent today on stupid tests.

I will do more tests in the morning and will have to just wait until then to see.

I will never buy ebay cheapies again.

I'm really sorry everyone for wasting your time with BFP posts and having everyone congratulate me for nothing. I feel like such a fool.
  • Options
    Awww no huni dont feel like that!! We would have all done exactly the same. I think because its still early the hormone just isnt stronge enough to be picked up and getting the positive the other day was just a fluke. We are all here for you whenever you need us ((((big hugs)))) Try and remain stronge! xxxx
  • Options
    I agree with Clairhair, do you best to wait a few days and test again, it's probably that the ebay cheapies are more sensitive than the CB or FR and it's just too soon for them to show up. Fingers crossed you get a strong BFP in the next few days but in the meantime, do your best to get out and have a good time with your DH xx
  • Options
    i am so sorry you are feeling so upset, but its not over yet. I think you should wait a few days, you never know it may still be a bfp. Dont feel stupid we have all been there, i blame these early preg tests, they really do mess with our heads and emotions. Keeping everything crossed for you xx
  • Options
    Oh chick, you ARE NOT a fool in anyway whatsoever and not one of us on here would ever think you are.

TTC is a stressful time for every lady and it is only natural you got excited at your BFP, we would all do the same, I certainly did with my chemical pregnancy.

Don't give up hope yet, it isn't over til AF is here and you are testing early.

Sending you lots of love.

GLK
    xxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hey chick-I got the impression that clearblue arnt as sensitive as the cheapie ebay sticks? I could be wrong but hopefully you will get another positive in a few days-I hope so chick.
    Anyway, as GLK said-its not over untill she arrives.
    Fingers crossed.
    xDx
  • Options
    ahh Posy I am sorry to hear that.

Please do not think you are a fool & have wasted peoples time as you most certainly have not.

I agree with the others, go out & try & have some fun with hubby, leave it for a few days before testing again (& maybe use a CBD)?
    I am sure you will get your BFP hun.

Lyndsey x
  • Options
    awe hunny, what a nightmare for you, no-one thinks you are a fool, far from it, we shared your success because you are such a lovely member of this forum and we genuinely wanted to express delight at your news.
    I think the other ladies are right, don't give up yet, wait a few more days, it was a very early test afterall.
    Thinking of you and wishing you sooooo much luck

xx
  • Options
    thanks ladies, you are very sweet,

I think if it wasn't for this forum I would have gone mad long before now.

I guess i will just have to wait and be patient until tomorrow morning. I will be updating on here when i do the test.

I think I will go out now for some fresh air and sunshine and maybe icecream. Stuff the stupid healthy eating, have been trying since March and it never gets me anywhere. Sorry for the woe-is-me attitude. I'm just in that kind of mood today.
  • Options
    Hey huni - don't feel bad - we all would have done the same!

Maybe it's something to do with the sample sitting round for a while, maybe your cheapie was more sensitive, yada yada...

Give it until after the weekend and test again - if you keep testing and getting BFN's it will only get you down and I'm sure there's a BFP just waiting for you round the corner!

I know it's hard, but hang on as long as you can!