Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

first month!

i came off the pill about 3 weeks ago and have been having regular rumpy pumpy since then.
My period is due on monday if i was still on the pill but not sure if it will be later due to not having taken the pill.

I'm really not expecting to be pregnant this month but i can't help hoping. it would feel really weird thinking it would be a whole other month before i'd know again.

so anyone on here fallen pregnant their first month off the pill? the only reason i'm thinking it might be sooner is because i had a three month gap off it from sept to end november so it won't be in my system as it would for someone on it for years - does that make a difference?

am determined not to test until its officially late but i might have to sit on my hands!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Speckles, I was on the pill for 9 years and got my normal cycle back straight away when I came off it the end of January. I waited for a normal period before we started trying so this is our first proper month of ttc. My af is due on Monday too, lets hope it stays away for both of us! I would so love a Christmas baby but I know I have to be realistic as we haven't been trying very long.
    I have a clearblue test hidden in a drawer upstairs but I can still hear it calling to me!! Am definately going to wait until Monday though ... well try to anyway!! x
  • Options

Hi,
    Its my first month trying too although have been off the pill for a year (wanted to get the wedding out of the way first!) I know this is a really daft question but does anyone know how early its possible to get symptoms and what very early symptoms are? I don't think i'm pg yet but its nice to have something to look out for!