Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation dip with BBT - Advise please!!

Hi Ladies

So I Ov'ed 7 days ago and have been tracking my BBT on FF. Today I am on CD 7 and had a big dip in temperature. I read something around an ovulation dip between day 7 -10 and that it can be an indicator of implantation. Has anyone had any experience of this? Just being a bit of a SS!!!!!image

Replies

• Options
    Anyone know
  • Options
    Hi I have heard this can happen. FF has a Q&A section which says this about implantation dips

"The term implantation dip is often used to refer to a luteal phase dip that occurs around the time of expected implantation (7-10 days past ovulation). While this pattern does not always result in pregnancy, the term is often used because of the timing of the dip and because this pattern appears with greater frequency on pregnancy charts than non-pregnancy charts. There are a couple of factors that may help to explain why this pattern appears with greater frequency on pregnancy charts.

The corpus luteum (which produces the heat inducing hormone, progesterone) normally peaks in its production of progesterone and then begins to recede around the middle of the luteal phase. In conception cycles, it is "rescued" when the embryo implants and then continues to produce progesterone until the placenta can take over hormone production.
    Estrogen, in opposition to progesterone, has a lowering effect on temperatures. A secondary estrogen surge in the middle of the luteal phase may cause a temperature dip at this time. Indeed this may explain why this pattern also occurs on non-pregnant charts. Mid-luteal phase estrogen levels, however, have been found to be higher in conception cycles than non-conception cycles and this may also contribute to the greater frequency with which we see this pattern on pregnancy charts.
    When you see a mid-luteal phase dip on your chart, however, it does not necessarily mean that you are pregnant. Likewise, you do not have to see this pattern to be pregnant. As long as you have intercourse in your fertile time, you have a chance to be pregnant with any ovulation pattern."
  • Options
    Hi hun, there is something called an implantation dip, if your temp jumps back back the next day then it could be implantation! good luck chook xxx
  • Options
    I would say implantation dip, good luck, hope the temps rise again xx
  • Options
    Hey ladies, thanks so much for advise on this. Temp has dropped today (CD10) but did have some wine last night as we had friends over and have read this can lower your temp but may be the impending AF on the way!! Will keep you posted ladies xxx