Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Gyno Appoinment

Hi Ladies So I Got My Appointment With The Gyno Thro It's Not Till The 31st March But Im Really Scared Does Anyone Know What I Should Expect

Replies

• Options
    i would not worry to much if it is to do with TTC they will check you blood tests your gp should have done and then check you oh sperm test and check all is ok there. my gynea then refered me to have a scan first and the last week prescribed me clomid as we thought all was ok but then he checked my hb sperm test and the gp had told us all was ok but in fact it was not. iwould advise you make the gynea check everything over themself to check all is ok. do not worry to much it generally is just a chat first before theu do further tests
  • Options
    hi kitten1, didnt want to r and r but im no good with this subject, but wanted to wish you good luck and baby dust

xx
  • Options
    when i had my 1st appointment, he took bloods samples and felt my abdomen and then took some cervical swabs. we had a chat about what we wanted to do fertility wise and timeline etc. he then reffered me for a histosapingogram?? can't remember proper name, it is basically like having a smear but they pass a catheter tube through your cervix and inject dye into your fallopian tubes, they are taking xrays while they do it i think. it helps them to check the tubes are free of blockages and damage. it's sounds worse than it is.
    3 months later we went back for results and another consultation and if i remember rightly, started fertility treatment a couple of months later. it all depends on what problems you have to how long things take. if you go with the idea that you will talk and then you will be examined then you'll be calmer. i went thinking that it was just a chat and when he said he wanted to examine me i became very nervous - bare in mind that i'd never had a smear test and i was 21 at the time. i found out i was unlikely to have kids when i was 16 so i always knew i'd have to go the fertility route but nothing really prepares you for the unknown.
    still 5 years down the line i have a 2 year old and one due in a week or two. so i wish you all the luck!!!! xx