Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What do you do if....

....you know you are going to get a bfn but you still want to test early anyway? How do you guys all feel when you get a bfn knowing it's your own fault because you tested too early? Do you just get used to it or do you just have a small amount of hope that one day it will be positive? xxxx

Replies

• Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

you just buy lots and lots and lots of tests!!!
  • Options
    I never test!!! I literally just wait because I fully expect to have my period and know that the chances of it actually happening are so slim(I'm nit very optomistic)!!..... But I have Bern trying easy 3 years now so I'm cynical but I'd try it once and see how you feel.... In my opinion I'd rather see af than bfn xxxx
  • Options
    i dont test early have thought about it but the need for me now has gone,been ttc 15 months so it kinda wears off :lol:

if it will teach you a lesson i say go for it haha
  • Options
    i guess we do it to definitely confirm we are not pg because otherwise there's always that glimmer of hope we might be. i'm on cycle 8 of ttc and currently 11dpo. i've been testing since around 8dpo every cycle - the bfn it hurts more each time tbh but i still do it becuase the "no knowing" drives me in sane even more. dh does his nut with me over testing.
  • Options
    Well my hubby told me to test earlier but i've decided that if I have already waited a few days and been desperate to test, then I can wait a bit longer. I will wait till at least tomorrow I think, possibly Sunday when af is due if I can hold out that long image It's so difficult not knowing, I agree, but I guess if af turns up then I will know! x
  • Options
    Good luck sweety.... Iv tested so many times on due date for af to only go and flipping show up later that day lol..... Let us know how you get on xxx
  • Options
    http://lt1f.lilypie.com/ADtlp1.png

I test cos I'm impatient! I don't get upset by the BFN tho as there's still hope until AF eh?
    I agree with you ladies that have been trying a while tho that it is probably still novelty and I fell straight away for my other 2 so have never got past the novelty stage... feel quite guilty about that when there are ladies trying for so long :\(
  • Options
    I cant resisting testing!! This is my 1st month of TTC after ectopic last year and last year I was buying HPT's from e-bay in bulk, lol!!! I think it can be disappointing but u still have in the back of ur mind that u still can be until the witch arrives!! xxxx
  • Options
    If it doesn't dissapoint you and the cost isn't an issue I say test away..... Good luck
    chick xxx