Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

VERY Faint 2nd Line On PT....Am I Pregnant??

Ok....I'm a week late for my period! I had the tiniest 1 spot of blood! Very thin and like i said it was the tiniest spot! I noticed it when i went to the toilet!

I didn't think anythin of it but that i was comin on my period! An hour later there was nothin....no blood in sight!!

A Few Days Ago - About 4 Days Ago - 3 Days Late For Period I've had some seriously bad period like cramps but they were so bad i'v had to call up in a ball or lean over n hold my lower tummy or even sit like a teddy bear on the floor with m head inbetween my legs it was that bad! I've NEVER suffered with any menstrual pain all my life!

I don't use contraception since february since me n my partner decided i would have my implant taken out!

I'm still gettin these awful cramps n they just seem to be gettin worse as the day goes on!

I'v taken 2 urine pregnancy tests and they both came back negative but after half an hour a very faint 2nd line appeared, and it was VERY faint but still noticeable! By the way i used a PT from B&M if that helps??

Now im very confused!!

What does this mean?? Am I Pregnant?? Is it a false negative?? Or a false positive??

Has some1 else been in this situation or have any advice??

Replies

• Options
    Hi babe, it sounds like you are pregnant... My first (of 7 tests) was a very definate two lines, but the second and third were negative, with a faint second line on the fourth. It's rare to get a false positive, much more common to get a false negative. The spot of blood could have been implantation bleeding... Congrats! x
  • Options
    Hiya
    Just wanted to say that the question of false positives comes up quite a lot on these boards and there are people who have had them on here.

Not that I wish to put a dampner on anything of course - I am wishing you the best of luck.

I too would test in a couple of days because it does say that after to alloted time to wait don't pay any attention to the result as it won't be correct.
    Although to totally contradict that, my friend took a test that was negative, left it on the side and went to throw it out 2 hours later to discover she was pregnant!!!!!

So, a mass of contradictions there!!!! Sorry it's no help. Please post when you know more!!
    Tracey
    xx
  • Options
    Hi

I actually pulled a test out of a bin the following day and found it had a line...and I was actually pregnant!

Good luck - I would test in a couple of days again, that's what I did.

C.x
  • Options
    Ok now im worried LOL im still gettin these awful pains but theyr less frequent!!

This is day 8 of my missin period!! EEK!!

Think i need to save up my money and get a digital test cause iv been readin through these forums and they seem to be more accurate!

Or i may just see the doc bout the pains and get a blood test whist im there, but unfortunately im movin next week, so might have to wait til i register with the local doc where im movin to =S

I'm so confused =S
  • Options
    Hi Fairy, a faint line does mean your pregnant but it does say on your tests not to read after 10 minutes as the result isnt accurate. I really hope it is a BFP for you! Can you go to the docs about the pain? is it away now?
  • Options
    Hey Gazno....Nope the pain is still current n gettin really bad =(

Just noticed i'm bleedin but it's brown EEK!!

My Gosh, whats goin on with my body =(
  • Options
    i know ur moving but u really need 2 see a doctor.if this is unusual for you it is best to get it checked out.it may be that ur period was late cos moving is stressful + this could make it painful.it could b v early mc (i had this but had v heavy bleeding + clots bright red though not brown) or hopefully implantatio bleeding.could be any thing so best see expert 2 get some tests done to stop u worrying x gl hon x