Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

celest

anyone had experience of coming off celest im stopping at the end of the month andwondering what im letting myself in for? :\?

Replies

• Options
    I was on celest for about five years but swapped to yasmin for a couple of months before i stopped completely. Most pills are the same so i will let you know my experience. First month off i had every single pregnancy symptom going - sore boobs, nausea, cramps, sore nipples etc. Af arrived after 31 days.

Month two i had no symptoms of pregnancy (that i knew of) and on day 31 my af never arrived. I thought my body had gone haywire and after 3 BFNs and 5 days late i found out i was pregnant.

I was lucky cos some peoples bodies dont react well to coming off the pill and it can take them a while to get back to normal. I think it depends how long you have been on it. Good luck and i hope you have your BFP soon x x
  • Options
    Hi
    I was on cilest for about 5 years and when I came off I had no probs at all.
    Good luck!! xx
  • Options
    i came off cilest mid october. had a real hard time with withdrawal symptoms. i felt sick all the time and was in a foul mood a lot of the time. felt a little dizzy on and off. luckily i only had to wait about 32 days for first af and second arrived after 32 days again. luckily things got better very quickly. af symptoms seemed to be exaggerated in the lead up to first af, huge huge sore boobs. i have been really lucky compared to a lot of other people as i havent had to wait for too long for things to get back to normal.

everyone is different so you may well breeze through coming off it. it does seem the best for getting af back fairly quickly after reading other people's experiences.

good luck
  • Options
    thank you and congratulations you must be over the moon ive been on the pill 5 years although been on different ones prob been on celest 18 months i only started my periods 8 months before going on the pill (i was a late bloomer) so im just wondering how things are gonna go as they never really settled into a pattern before i went on the pill, so i know il deffinatly be all over the place oh what fun we have ttc!
    P.S. thanks for replying
    Jo x
  • Options
    thank you and congratulations you must be over the moon ive been on the pill 5 years although been on different ones prob been on celest 18 months i only started my periods 8 months before going on the pill (i was a late bloomer) so im just wondering how things are gonna go as they never really settled into a pattern before i went on the pill, so i know il deffinatly be all over the place oh what fun we have ttc!
    P.S. thanks for replying
    Jo x
  • Options
    I was a bit of a late bloomer too. I started periods at 15 and i went on the pill at 16, just come off at 21. As far as i can remember i was regular before the pill but i didnt keep track as i didnt need to! Im still not gonna know if i am regular ha ha
  • Options
    i too started at 15 1/1/2000 what a way to start the new mellenium ha ha and then started pill at 16 and coming off at 22 i think i just had longish cycles 4-5 weeks but it was along time ago and like you i never really took much notice, i guess they just never settled down.
    is 4-5 weeks a long cycle? does that mean problems? OMG im such a worry wart!
  • Options
    I stopped taking Cilest about a year ago... I haven't suffered any ill-effects from coming off it at all. I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • Options
    Hey hun, I came off cilest in September after being on the pill for about 15 years without a break...had no side effects and my periods returned straight away! I also fell pregnant within 2 months!! Good luck and just go with the flow!
  • Options
    thankyou all for replying i hope you all get ur BFP's soon and for those of you already pregnant i wish you a healthy happy pregnancy and hopefully il be joining you soon
    jo x