Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Been to the Docs.....................

As promised in another thread I have booked myself an appointment to see the Doc about my non existant AF! I have always had very irregular af approx 1-3 a year, whilst on the pill had even less than that and now 6 months after coming off it still no AF!

I had a long chat with the nurse today and she thought given my history (also had laser treatment for dodgy smear a yr ago) that I should deffo see the doc and she may do some fertility tests. While I was there had the start of my MOT with my smear test and will see the doc on Wed for the rest of my MOT (lol).

However she noticed some swelling on the enterance to my lady bits and thinks i may have the start of a bartholin cyst!!! Which if it gets infected (or could be infected she wasnt sure) will put BD right out of the window as it will become unbarably painful, and if my calculations are right I will ov this wk end!!! I must say I was worried about the cyst at first but she did reassure me that it may well end up being nothing.

I cried on the way home though as I really wanted us to do it this month but looks like we may be out of action just at the most crucial time (:cryimage

So my PMA has gone again and feel like its not going to happen when I started the day feeling so positive!

Replies

• Options
    Oh dear Loobylou that's awful, you poor thing. Don't forget though that the nurse has reassured you it may well end up being nothing so try not to worry too much. See how you go and if you can BD, then you still might make it this month. Good luck with the appointment on Wednesday and try to stay positive, at least you are taking steps to get yourself sort out. I'll keep my fingers crossed, look after yourself xx
  • Options
    Thanks lawso, yeah keeping my fingers crossed im ok for the wkend, DH on nights tonight but off tomorrow and Sunday so hoping to bd plenty this wk end LOL, so far so good tho x
  • Options
    hi hope you are ok. good luck with the rest of your MOT x
  • Options
    Thanks WB, will let you know how I get on x
  • Options
    Oh Honey it might seem awful for you just now loobylou but at least your getting things checked out.. You'l have all your tests done and dusted and any probs ironed out!! Imagine how you'd feel if you'd been TTC for over a year and nothing was happening then you had all this to go through another year down the line, Im sure this is prob the better situation to be in.. Good luck xx
  • Options
    Thanks Pavs, hopefully the cyst will just sort itself out and my doc will be super lovely on wed cause im dead worried shell just say "it takes a while for the pill to leave your system" and then i might just have to scream at her cause I know thats not the reason I have no AF!! So she better watch ou LOL LOL
  • Options
    Hi hope you dont mind me popping in :Just like pavs said i've been TTC for 14 months now and am only getting the ball started with my first appt in 2 weeks image It is very hard chick going to the docs ia very hard I didn't want to go as I couldn't admi that there might be a problem but hopefully they'll be bale to help you and get your BFP ASAP. Good luck on the bd'ing this weekend, I just finished my spout of it there during the week so glad of a break now LOL!

Good luck to you xx
  • Options
    LOL thanks moonbean, id rather know sooner than later if there is something wrong. Hope you enjoy your rest this wkend xx
  • Options
    Morning LoobyLou,
    I hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your post but I just wanted to let you know that I've had a Bartholins Cyst (Last October) and it really is nothing to worry about! Yeah, it put me off ttc for 3 weeks but to be honest, BD'ing is the absolute LAST thing on your mind when you have a cyst!!!!! :lol:

Message me back if you want anymore info about it, I feel like I am a bit of a Bartholins queen after my experience!! ha ha! xxx
  • Options
    Aw thanks Bert, its good to know im not on my own, the nurse said it was fairly common!
  • Options
    Yeah apparently it can occur in 1 in 50 women but it's not widely talked about because we get embarrassed and/ or they can burst on their own! Mine was HUUUUUGGGEEEE (!! sorry!) and got that way in literally matter of days (so don't stress too much cos if yours hasn't come up yet, it may never do) Imagine a lemon under the skin and you have got an idea of the size of mine!

My doc was abso-flippin-lutely fantastic and he took one look at it and sent me straight to hospital where they booked me straight in for an op a day later. The vast majority of cysts burst on their own or just go away from your bodies own cleansing system.

I will warn you tho, (sorry!!) that if it does come up, you will never have felt pain like it before in your entire life (!!) BUT don't try and be a martyr about it (as I was) and do take some pills... or better still, wait for the hospital to prescribe you morphine based drugs... I have never slept better in my life! ha ha :lol:
  • Options
    Hi just wanted to say that i have suffered with these cysts for quite a few years and the best way i have found to deal with it is to put a hot flannel on it for a little while and try and pop it. I know this sounds horrible and it can hurt a bit( ok maybe quite a bit ) but it is better than letting it get too big.
    I had a very big one last year and since i got rid of it , it seems to have settled down and i havent had any more big ones since.

Good luck with everything image xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies, mine isnt really very big in comparison to what you have said, going to try a warm bath/flannel later but from what you have described dont think mine is too bad at all, hardly know its there at the mo and doesnt seem to be getting any worse, im starting to wonder if it actually a cyst Lol,
  • Options
    Good Luck Loobylou!

If you can hardly feel it, it sounds like the nurse has paniced you over nothing so don't get yourself stressed... just concentrate on all that BD'ing instead!!