Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

LH Surge and Sex

Hi Ladies you may remember me with the DH who had difficulties maintaining an erection. Anyway since our holiday when we have BD he has always been able to ejaculate. I got my LH surge yesterday so we BD last night, I set the alarm for 6am this morning did another test and got another LH surge but when we tried to BD he wasnt able too.
I know it is cos he was tired and stuff and he promised we will try tonight still feel a little upset and anxious. Im 24 so I am in the bracket of 25% chance each cycle, but its all this not knowing. How many times do you BD when you get your surge. Am I correct that I will ovulate any day?
We BD on Sat am, got my first LH surge yesterday am BD last night, should we be trying once or twice a day?
Also We do the whole raising the legs thing but does it matter when you go for a wee. I try to hold on and last night did for around 1 hour, im not flushing it all away am I!!

Replies

• Options
    Hey chick,

Firstly yes, you're right that you will probably be OVing today if you got your first surge last night and another this morning - you normally OV between 12-36 hours after getting a positive result. As for bding - everyone is slightly different - some ladies go for every other day and some go for every day (even a couple of times a day) but as long as you have sex every 2-3 days you'll be fine as sperm lives for up to 5 days. If you bd last night then that's great, and if you can manage it again tonight then that will be good but even if you don't tonight then last night's still covers you!! Lots of girls have said it was the month they had the least sex (i.e only once or twice around OV) was the month they got their bfps!!

Oh and as for the raising legs etc, they say that lying down for around 20 mins is enough, and whatever you then get rid of when you go to the toilet is just excess fluid and the swimmers will all have already started their journey so they are safe. I normally lie down for about half an hour just to make sure but that's just for my own peace of mind as doctors normally say 20mins is enough.

Hope that helps and good luck tonight!.x.
  • Options
    Hiya, I should think you will be in with a chance this month if you've been BDing regularly. THe raising legs bit, I think you've done well to lie that long, so don't panic.

Just a thought, though, are you keeping DH up to date with your surges etc.? Only reason I ask is that I have stopped telling hubby (sometimes to the point of telling him white lies when I know it's OV time), as I think he feels really under pressure to perform, as he knows how much it upsets me when I haven't been able to get pregnant so far. He has had problems in the past with not being able to ejaculate, and I was in bits last month as we only did it once, about 3 days before OV date. Maybe if you just pounce on him when the time is right, without telling him it's "time", it might help? Sorry if that sounds patroising, it's not meant to. xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies thanks both for your advice, much appreciated to have someone to talk too about it! MrsDoc_2009 yes I have told my husband, last night it did effect him slightly but we took our time and worked out fine in the end, this morning I think it was a mixture of him being tired, I did set the alarm for 6am so we could BD! Your msg didnt sound patronising not at all. Trying to make it not feel so dull or planned last night bought him lots of love heart chocs and left a trail leading from downstairs to bedroom, he seemed to like that! bit of sexy lingerie etc seems to help, this morning though I suppose it just felt all too robotic, does anyone else feellike that? x
  • Options
    hiya guys - excited4baby I do feel like that....definately. I don't tell dh when it's time because he feels pressure to perform and he isn't able to do anything. What i sometimes do is wear something I know he thinks is sexy, but not obvious and that can get him in the mood so he starts things off thinking it's him that wants sex and nothing to do with ov! (that's a trade secret though lol)
    xx
  • Options
    heheh I like that one I think I will have to try that next month if I dont get any success this month, we have such an open relationship and he said he wanted to know so I just assumed that would be best, but maybe not i told him I wont tell him next month he reckons I cant keep it a secret! so will have to see he seems to find it easier at night time as apposed to in the morning when he is tired! x
  • Options
    yeah my dh doesn't like it in the morning. The trick with getting them to think they are making the first move is to be subtle, a little touch in here and there or cuddle them in bed with your hand just above his groin - will get his mind thinking!! lol image
  • Options
    haah will try it my husband is normally very horny and it only takes a flash of skin to get him going! but I think this morning was just too much for him! x
  • Options
    Hello

I got my bfp this month and only BD once near when ov would have been.... I had alot going on with me and hosp appointment's so thought it best to get all that over with and didnt do OPK's...... Well i OV'd on CD 12 and BD once around then not sure when but it worked 1 got through image

Best of luck image

Gems 3+6
  • Options

Hi,

I am ovulating today as i did the LH surge strip tests and got 2 lines (15th dec). I had sex with partner once on the evening of the 12th dec and once on the evening 13th dec so technically 3 and 2 days before ovulation? could there be a good chance of being pregnant? he works away so i wont see him until next week now so these were the only times we could! i also stayed lying down for about 20 minutes afterwards both times. However there were leaks on both occasions and i dont think this can be avoided. both times was the missionary position when he ejaculated and he stayed inside me for a few minutes after he ejaculated (both times). could i be pregnant?? i came off the pill in august however i am a smoker and so is he? could this be a problem? i am really hoping that i am pregnant, what are the chances? can anyone advise??? thank you