Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why don't we ovulate every month? Any info?

Very depressed to read in my fertility book (yes i am officially obsessed) that we only ovulate about 8/9 times a year i.e not every cycle. WHY??????

It doesn't tell me! And so wondering if you get mucus (yuk) does that mean you definately are ov or do you get it anyway at that time? Used ov sticks last month. They were cr*p as only got faint lines when thought i was ov and then instructions said faint lines mean nothing!! So did i ov or not!!
How on earth is a girl meant to get bloody pregnant! ?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Justmarried, from what I had read I thought most women did ovulate every month - I've looked on the net and found arguments for both views! Oh my god its all so confusing!! =/ xx
  • Options
    Hi Justmarried. I thought most women ov every month too! Sounds like you used the basic ov tests. I found these useless too as they were too difficult to read, I was left unsure whether it was LH surge or not! Try the Clearblue digital tests as they give you a clear result - a circle if it is not the right time and a smiley face when it is. The disital tests are more expensive but I think it is well worth the extra money - you can get good deals on ebay or Boots are doing an offer at the moment where you get a pregnancy test free. GOOD LUCK!!! Love George, x
  • Options
    hi justmarried,well i know that i dont ov every month. my doctor told me not to worry about it as its very common,and as long as you are ovulating sometimes,then theres no medical reason for it.its definately nothing to do with age because when i had my tests done,i was only 23. xx